1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower with Sulkey???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone ever put a sulkey or some sort of thing behind a 2 Stage snowblower???
    We just got an account that has about half a mile of Sidewalk.
    I assume it wouldnt do too bad since the pavement will have already been cleared.... Haha i really just dont want to put down another 14k+ for a UTV and plow...
  2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

definitely worth a shot.
  3. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

is a sulkey the wheels behind a mower that you stand on. If so my neighbor installed the same thing on his sears dual tire walk behind blower. I assumed it worked.
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't think it would help much. You hit a crack or raised slab and you might hurt yourself. On those 2-stage blowers you need your legs and feet to make adjustments in balance and control.
  5. BFBoss

BFBoss Member

I think youd tend to push down on the handles to much and it wouldnt scrape the sidewalk enough. I think itd take longer to ride on one than to just walk behind it. just my opinion tho.
  6. Plow man Foster

Please know all comments are reviewed and considered... I just cant respond to all of them so i tend to pick a couple and respond to then! Keep them coming! :salute:

Yes they commonly are known as sulkys or jungle wheels. Most look like this.

Hey Hey! But if you're payed by the hour cant be too bad! Im just trying to make my guys happier! payup
  7. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

better be a big snowblower....not gonna work IMO/ to much aof a pain, get an atv with plow instead??? you can pick up a used one with plow for cheap
  8. thebigB

thebigB Junior Member

If you have a snowblower that can besteered by shifting power to the drive wheels (mine isn't) and you modified the sulky to be more like a wagon with maybe a third wheel on the front of it to prevent the weight from pulling straight down on the rear of the blower and lifting the front of the blower I can't see why it wouldn't work...In a few years it will come out with a patent on it LOL.
  9. Plow man Foster

Years? Hours! Thumbs Up