1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower = What To Charge?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by steven91, Oct 21, 2008.

1. steven91

steven91 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hi My names Steve im 17 years old and I own 2 snowblowers. I have a buddy who helps me out everyday and im wondering what to charge people.

I offer to snowblow the driveway also the stairs and sidewalk. I also offer salting for 10$ more.Im going to handout door hangers Nov 1st just walking distance around my house about 300 flyers. My goal is to get 20 houses most are 1 or 2 door garage driveways. I plan on charging 50$ a week ($60 with salting) that includes 2 visits a week any more I charge $25 and $30 with salting. Please let me know what you think any help is greatly appreciated Thanks, Mike
  2. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

are u still in school?
  3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Do you still plan on charging them $50 if you do not go at all in a week? My customers would never agree to anything like that most of them are very 'frugal'. Your plan is good I think you're pricing may be high though I don't know your area. But $50 @ 12 weeks of winter is $600. In my area you'd do good if you were $225-$250 for the season or offer a per push service charging $25-$30 per rather than a weekly contract. Just my $.02. Good luck and keep your rates in line with everyone else you don't want to lose out for being too high or drive prices down by being too low.
  4. steven91

steven91 Junior Member
    from Ontario

No i am not still in school this is my first year doing it with a a snowblower and handing out flyers Im thinking about charging 25$ or $30 for salting because i also work at night removing snow from schools and large malls (commercial) with my other job.
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Where are you from Mike? $50 a week or $200 a month to do driveways is a little high. JMO.
  6. steven91

steven91 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Im from the GTA im thinking of charging everytime i plow there driveway so

$30- " / " / " +salting
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

With the contract running from Nov. 1 to April 15 you will be $1200 even Dec. 1 to Mar. 30 you will be $850, I'm not sure how many would go for that.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i usually pay the neighborhood kids 15 bucks to do mine.
  9. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Sounds better you should have no issue getting that in the GTA.