1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowblower truck ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by swifty, Sep 22, 2003.

1. swifty

swifty Junior Member
    from ma

I wanted to know if anybody has one of those
    snowblowers that mount to your truck, if so are
    they worth the 7 grand . how would they perform
    on gravel drives after the ground is frozen of
    corse . but there is some debris would sill be
    there i think it will save time stacking.

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

3. swifty

swifty Junior Member
    from ma

that is extreem snowblower truck
    I was looking at the one's in northern catalog

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

From what i have heard and the little I have seen they are underpowered, slow and very heavy. For a single area they may work but it would take a long time to justify the expense.

A better bet would be a skid steer with a blower. Pelican ran one last year with good success. Most of the time stacking and pushing back will be done after the main storm. This means that you could tow the machine where you needed it. Talk to him, I believe that his would throw snow quite a long ways. I am sure that they will be available to rent from equipment renters this years. If the snow starts piling up I may get rent one this winter as I have a few tight lots where it could be used.

5. James_Jimmy

James_Jimmy Junior Member

I've tossed around ideas in my head about building a custom truck-mount snowblower, but that thing is wild! If I were to build one, I would go with the hydraulic blower and rear-mount aux engine like they did, but I think a full-size air compressor, full 120vAC electrical system, and rams at each corner to lift the whole truck three feet off the ground is kind of overkill. Be able to do a heck of a lot of driveways awfully quick, though, and it could probably handle about any snow you can find, no matter how deep.

6. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska