1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowblower suggestions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ratherbfishin, Oct 3, 2011.

1. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

While I am out scraping pavement,my bride is left home to shovel (sometimes with help from kids) We shovel the deck (sometimes left for me) because it is second floor,melts,and freezes on walkway below. Also,front walkway is semi recessed between sections of house,and there is not much place for snow without walking it out,shovel by shovel.
    So,my thought is a blower;obviously has to be small and light enough to get onto deck,etc.
    Are the small,gas powered blowers worth investing in? Any other suggestions other than threatening the kids?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

They make electric powered but I bet they're worthless in more than 4" of fluffy stuff. We run Toro Powerlites (the larger ones) and they seem to do very well with anything 8" and under. They also make an electric start version. Either one are pricy to the tune of around 800 bucks but again, work well. It won't throw snow 50/60ft but easily 30ft.

3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I have a Toro Power Clear 180, and I am rather impressed by it. We blow city walks with it that have 6-8in of slush on them from the town plows without a problem. They are fairly light and in the $500 price range.

4. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

+1

Good little blower. Right at 50 pounds. 4 stroke. I think Toro changed the model # this year.

Not as productive as the Bigger 21" Toros but easier to handle but still stout enough. Thumbs Up

5. RM88

RM88 Junior Member

You could also check out the Snapper compact single stage snow blower. It's small enough to handle those tight spaces and it will easily remove up to a foot of snow. It costs around $399.