1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower skid Steer/ First Run at it

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 757Snowman, Nov 14, 2015.

1. 757Snowman

757Snowman Junior Member

Alright so I'm a newbie at the game. In High School actually. Live in Good ole Norfolk. Home of the Navy's fleet. Doing this mostly to make good cash so I can be my ambitious self and invest in the stock market. I'm thinking about renting a skid steer from a CAT dealer and finding a decently priced snowblower. Thinking about getting a Spartan Equipment or a Erskine snowblower.

Which one is cheaper and better? I'm getting a crew of friends together and subcontracting for a family friend.
    Does 75% me and my friends and 25% the Contractor sound appropriate?
    How much salt should I lay and where to get it? what brand salt spreader should I get?
    Can everything be paid off in one winter and still come out with a profit considering it snows 3-4 times and I hustle my ass doing 30+ contracts?
    How much should I aim to charge local businesses (restaurants, dentist offices, gas stations etc) since it doesn't snow that much compared to where y'all seem to be?

Can I please get as much advice as possible? Please no BS joking. Im talking serious stuff here.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

No need to ask the same q all over the board.....