1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ian03, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

I am a one man crew and some residential customers also want walkways done. I want to get a snowblower versus just shoveling but I am at a crossroads. Do I buy a smaller, cheaper snowblower I can lift into my truck myself or get a larger one to get the job done and have it be a pain in the ass to get in and out of the truck? Looking for opinions here from anyone who is in or has been in my situation.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I have a craftsman 2-stage that I have my sidewalk guy use. It heavy but I made 2 ramps out of 2x12's with the aluminum ramp kit at the ends to put on the tailgate. Works great! Just drive it up the ramps and in the truck and vice-versa. :waving:

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i use a toro single stage, 6.5 HP blower. has alot of power, is light and goes through snow very well. it will depend on the type of snow you get though, a 2 stage is best for heavy wet snow.

4. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I have a 2 stage 8 horse 26" snowblower.................I wouldn't want anything less. Build some ramps and drive it right up into the truck, piece of cake.

5. skmodmsl

skmodmsl Member

I am also a one man crew. I run a cheapy MTD 2 cycle blower for walks. It has done o.k. by me. Depending on the situation I will pick up a shovel. Have been looking into a Toro 4 stroke for this coming year.

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Every one of my trucks carry a Snapper 19" single stage blower. i use single stage because it is easy to get into the truck(spreader and a skid of salt in the back). Plus I find for walks you don't have to drive it like a 2 stage....