1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower Preferences

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cold_and_tired, Sep 28, 2009.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have been doing sidewalks with shovels for years but I am thinking about getting a snowblower this year.

I just have the typical sidewalks, nothing tricky. I'm thinking a blower around 26" wide that way there is a little overlap on the passes.

Any particular brand that is great for commercial work? I've got about 3,000 ft this year and I dont want to mess around with some little "homeowner special".

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Buy a Toro "Homeowner Special" they are the best.
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Love those Toro homeowner specials 3650 and the Snow Commander H/Os
  4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I'd go with ariens. About Seven years ago I got into the snow removal business and I got an Ariens Deluze Platinum 30. Its 30 inches wide and this is the first year where my belts for the auger are coming loose, other than that, the past seven years I have done nothing big as far as matinance on this snowblower, just oil changes and routine matinance
  5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Toro is the way to go, get a 2 stage too.
  6. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

I picked up a Troy Bilt this year... It does pretty good.. no complaints. it was under 650 26"
  7. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

The Toro single stages that I have, make the 2 stagers that I used to have, look like like terds. I plan to add 3 more Toro singles in various sizes for my sidewalk crews for next year.
  8. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

toro ccr 2450 was discontinued, but are the best, trying to find a replacement but they are all unfit to match the lightweight performance that the ccr 2450 provided
  9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I absolutely loved the 2450, that thing would run circles around the cub cadet 2 stage I have now. the single stages are light weight and super fast, the rubber paddles sweep clean the pavers/sidewalk so you barely need to put any salt down at all.

since they are gas oil mix they start up in super cold weather without complaining. they are so easy to maneuver. the 2-stage I have now I have chosen to shovel instead most of this winter, its just a pain trying to get up close then turning, shifting gears.