1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower paint

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by seville009, Oct 2, 2014.

1. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Been looking at options to make the snowblower on my skidsteer less susceptable to clogging snow and make it throw it a little better.

I've looked at the suggestions about spraying the chute and blades with non-stick sprays like silicone, Pam, Fluid Film, etc, but I can't see any of that stuff not wearing off quickly (ie: within an hour or so).

It would seem that something simple like enamel spray paint
    work just as well, but also last all winter.

Just curious if anyone else has a better solution.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

you can buy graphite paint

3. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Thanks. I actually stopped in a TSC today to look at that EZ Glide product, but they didn 't have it. May just try tgat spray on Teflon - looks like it might be long lasting.

5. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

I put Ez slide on my grass box and it slides out easy I like it for that

6. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

have you thought about having the chute powder coated. It seemed to help on the mold board of my old steel super duty.

7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Have thought about all of the options; trying to keep it simple yet relatively effective. I've had it for four winters and have never done anything to it. I just sprayed it with glossy enamel paint to restore all of the paint that has worn off. That should help alot. I'll also spray on some of the Snow Slick stuff that they make for snowblowers. I'll see what the results of these actions do this winter; should be good enough.

Thanks for all of the replies.