1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower mounted on a vbox

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grassmaster06, Jan 2, 2013.

1. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

I got a salt dogg 2000 this year and and can't fit a snowblower in my truck ,I just use one of the small toros .has anyone fabeb up any carriers that mount to your v box spreader,show me some ideas .thanks
  2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I've been thinking of the same thing for one of my trucks this year. I am considering something that mounts to the rear, passenger side, of the bumper. I have a vision of a unit that hooks into a trailer hitch, and also combines a chute protector into it as well to prevent the guys from smashing up the chute.
  3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

there is a guy around here that has one ill try to get a pic of it
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I dont know how much room you have between the bed rails and the v box but couldn't you just tip it in between the two and screw in some eye bolts into the v box and use a trucker heavy duty bungie strap to hold it in place. I wouldn't mount anything on the rear bumper, that would hinder the ability to throw salt evenly. About the only other thing I can think of is make a light weight carrying basket and mount it to the rear of the box, that plastic is thick and heavy enough to carry that thing. Or just fold it up and stick it in the cab.
  5. Brian Young

I see what Collin is saying, make a carrying basket that sits above the spinner and slides into the trailer hitch. It would only need to be about 12" deep, just so the wheels and some of the blower rests on it (mounted so the blower is facing forward). The basket only needs to be made from 1/2" angle, and a couple supports under some expanded metal flooring. You can bungie it down through the expanded metal so it won't fall off. If it wobbles too much just get 2 ratchet straps like on a tailgate spreader and put them to each side of the inner bed.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  6. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

I've been working on one today,basically it hangs off the back of the spreader above the spinner.I tried to put the blower on the side rails of my truck but it's probably gonna scratch my truck up .I will take some pics
    tomorrow when I finish
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  7. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I would just put two big hooks that lock, kinda like the ones that hold a string trimmer on a trailer, above the spinner and put the handle into them?

I bet that would hold them. Once you find a good spot it seems simple as long as you can attach the hooks right and if the handle on the blower wont snap if you hit a bump to hard. Cant wait for pics of this.
  8. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I PMed you.
  9. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

A local guy around me designed and patented one. Hitch mount and holds 2 single stage on either side of the spinner. I dont have pics of it but ill see if he has a website. We use it on our main plow truck, works like a champ. Just dont forget to pull the blowers off before you sand.... Ask me how i know.....
  10. djlunchbox

djlunchbox Member

Here it is, i hope im not stepping on any toes by linking here. But it may save you some time. If tne link isnt allowed, please delete it mods.

11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I have a perfect one and it mounts in the passenger seat.
  12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I saw one where a guy made a mount to attach to the plow blade. When you get to the stop, you simply drop the blade and un hook the blower.
  13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Build a little shelf above your spinner and ratchet strap it on. Works well for me.

snowblower mount.jpg
  14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

is it just a little 2 stroke blower? If so Ive just strapped them to the top of the spreader with 2 ratchet straps... if its a small 2 stage blower obviously this wont work
  15. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

So the blowers need to be pulled off everytime you sand? Seems like a pita.
  16. Brian Young

LOL, I was going to say the same thing. Not knocking it but.....yeah.
  17. Brian Young

Can you drop that spinner shoot or is it fixed at that height? There is a guy around here who put a new flatbed on a F250 with the rear end beefed up, then he put a dump bed insert on that, then a v box in the dump bed! His spinner sits head height. Nothing like salting the tops of cars,lol (not that yours is that high).
  18. Mr.Markus

That's the height, most of the lots I do are salted when empty, now there is a pull plow in the hitch so it works great spreading over the plow.
  19. Brian Young

Gotch ya. I was wondering yesterday about a pull plow when using a v box. Nice truck BTW
  20. Mr.Markus

I did want an ebling but this was 1/3 of the price and half the weight...