1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower led help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by Mikemat31, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

2. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

This is acutally extremely simple. Just have to be smart about what you use. Most snowblowers use a stator under the flywheel and put out about 2-3 amp at full rpm. With a switch and an in-line fuse you can hook up just about anything you want as long as you dont exeed that amp rating. the stators have fuseble links in them that will blow if you pull to much. I've actually done this before. I often use the sound off signal 1000 lumen square fwork lights. they are insanely bright for the amount of power usage and size. Done it on a few commercial mowers too. let me know if I can help.

- Mike

3. superedge88

superedge88 Junior Member

You'll want to wire them up the LEDs with a bridge rectifier or else you'll get flickering from the LEDs. A video of my LED headlight installation is at this link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxBGHSyKcE

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

A 2yr old thread. I think his blower rusted away to nothing by now

5. superedge88

Sorry about bumping an old thread, though the information is still relevant and winter is now arriving! Thumbs Up Have fun throwing snow!

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I don't throw snow. I push it

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

...just turned a light on for my salter LED problem though...thanks.

8. superedge88

glad I could help! Let me know if you have issues wiring up your bridge rectifier, it is counter intuitive.

9. MattM

MattM Junior Member

Visit the snowblower forums website. They have a very extensive thread, as a sticky, on this very subject. Very detailed.