1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower Improvement Kit

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bob, Feb 23, 2003.

1. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

bob that link goes right back to plowsite try it again.

3. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

hey how did you do that ?

!

4. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I bought one and it came in the mail on Sat. Haven't had a chance to put it on yet. Maybe by the weekend.:D

6. AMF-6

AMF-6 Junior Member

Impeller Kit

I bought one too. I haven't installed it yet. Does anyone think that maybe the additional seal will cause a smaller motor to be overworked?

7. AMF-6

AMF-6 Junior Member

By the way, does anyone know where I can find parts for old AMF snowblowers, specifically a 26" Huskie. Thanks.

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

That link is no longer valid for the ebay item. What is this kit?

9. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

Yeah-I cant get that one either-would like to see it as I constantly run snow blowers.

Thanks

10. john222

john222 Junior Member

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

click on seller other auctions he has 90 more for sale :bluebounc

12. AMF-6

AMF-6 Junior Member

To find information, search impeller kit on google or on ebay. It will say something about a 100% garauntee or 90 days.

13. Auggiedoggie

Auggiedoggie Junior Member

How tight should the auger belt be

I have a single stage auger control yard man bantam snow bird snow thrower. I check the belt and the longest part goes about 2 inches when pressed form the center. Also the auger will stop if its clogged with wet snow. Is this a sign of a bad belt?
    Thank you

14. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

15. john222

john222 Junior Member

16. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

Welcome Auggiedoggie,

It does sound like the belt is worn or loose. I tried to find an owner's manual on the web but all I came up with was this MTD site. I believe they make yardman products. They have e-manuals but you need to enter your model and serial numbers. Good luck.

bob

17. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

any1 ever used one of these? i would find the extra distance extremely helpful so i avoid blowing the snow 2 times in a wide area..

18. Twins_Lawn_Care

Twins_Lawn_Care Junior Member

I have not used them, but working in the fan industry, the theory is correct. The "gap" between the impeller and housing is the key factor in improving airflow and pressure build up, and in this case, snow-flow. I would think so long as the unit had the horsepower to accomodate the extra snow, it would be great. Seems it would prevent less snow from being recirculated before being thrown, and thus redundant work.

19. Robert Whitebre

Robert Whitebre Junior Member

AMF snowblowers

I hsve an old AMF snowblower, does any one know where I can get parts for it?