1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ThePlowKing, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

2. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

It looks like a real nice one.

3. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Looks like it has a plastic chute. My current snowblower has a plastic chute and I wouldn't buy another snowblower with one. Any hard ice chunks will crack it, especially if it's really cold out.

4. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

One thing to consider is what you are going to be using it for. We maintain a lot of sidewalks in conjunction with our plowing jobs, and since we are clearing typically every 2" or so, we use strictly the single stage Toro blowers, with the rubber edge. They wipe the pavement clean and are a lot more easy to manuever. We also own quite a few of those Dakota snow blades which work extremely well, almost to the point where our guys want to use them rather than the snow blowers. If you are clearing snow after the storm has ended, and expect more than a few inches, then these will not do the job.

5. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Get a Toro Snow Commander...They clear better, clog less and are Much Much easier to maneuver:bday:

6. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

I will be using the blower primarially to clear walkways at Wal-Mart and Shaws. Fortunately, the walkways are pretty much straight lines so I wouldn't think I would have to fight it too much. I can get the blower as a leftover for $1500 from a local dealer and it seems to be alot of machine for the price, I was curious to see how reliable it was and if anyone would reccomend using it.

Thanks for the help guys,
    Brian

7. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

This is true about the plastic shoot, however I got quite a few hours out of mine before it cracked. Then when it did crack, I reinforced it with some aluminum and pop rivets, stronger than ever now. A plastic shoot is definitely a minus, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

8. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

The only plow contractor I've ever seen using a blower up here was a sidewalk crew that had an older guy working with them. It was a small single stage blower that you could toss into the truck without leaving a nut in your sock. All the other guys used shovels and practically ran down the sidewalks.. The blower came out in 4" + dumps.. It was nice for clearing one width away from the curbs so the plow truck didn't have to scrape the curbs all the time.. Made it a lot faster too..