1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower for NH LS170

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POM Ticks, Oct 16, 2013.

1. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

Hello all. I am in the process of looking for a good match snow blower attachment for my New Holland Ls 170, standard flow. Does anyone use one? Goods and bads? Hydro vs chain drive? Single stage vs two stage? Just want some feedback before I get a dealers story. Thanks

2. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

I have a schulte which is hydro and chain drive. The drive motor runs into a gear box which runs the blower and there is a shaft and chain running the auger. Definitely go two stage and most important, check the specs on the hydraulic motor running the blower and match it to what your machine puts out for hyd flow. That is the one most important part of the puzzle.

3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I ve owned 2 LS170 New Hollands and used 74" erskine blowers on them. One unit was a chain drive and the other is all hydro. Personally it didn't make a huge difference which blower I used. The 170 is a slow unit with a blower.
    What are you trying to use it for?

4. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

All of the condo's around here want the driveways snow blown and the road edges blown after storms to keep the road wide. The skid is a single speed, slow. Blowers are expensive so I just want to make the right decision.