1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower clogging

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by farmerkev, Jan 11, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I have an old John Deere TRS21, and she is amazing, will throw snow a mile, unless of course, the snow is wet. It never used to throw anything, but gave it a new impeller and now it can handle light snow amazingly and even the heavier stuff. But it still tends to clog with wet snow when I see all the others in the neigborhood working fine, (this is embarassing for me since I bleed green:cool:). I was wondering what the best solution would be, I know it will never handle what the plows push into the drive, but you guys all swear by Fluid Film, would that help? If so, were do I buy it?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film is a good product and the best part is that you can purchase it at...

Wait for it....

JOHN DEERE!!!!! :D

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Not too many JD places around here (Saint Paul) I have a few, but never looked for FF, guess I'll get to make another trip!purplebou:bluebounc:D

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Is your engine run at 3,600 rpm? They need to spin fast enough to throw snow if engine run slow it will have hard time throw.

Try go slow down and see if it work.

My guess that is. Engine not run full speed, belt is slip, worn out pulley cause belt slip, bad bearing on auger make hard to spin fast, electric or clutch pto is slip, and go too fast cause slowdown engine plus auger.

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

hes probably got u cover new belt or a bearing thats cosing u to lose power or something

6. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Try gemplers.com, they have fluid film for a good price and shipping is not that bad. I usually get 2 gal. at crack and get within 2 days.

7. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

would fluid flim work on my craftsman snow blower haveing the same promblem