1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowblower carb kits

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 00bluegtp, Feb 10, 2014.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Trying to find a place online to order them but cant seem to find the correct one. I know tecumseh is out of business but i would think you could still get them. heres the numbers maybe somone can help me out. hmsk90 ser#156517
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Ok, so not knowing what problem you are having ... this is what I can tell you. About 90 percent of the Tecumseh snow engines that come through our shop DO NOT need a carb kit. A cleaning of the jets, high speed bowl nut, and replacement of the needle and seat (p/n 631021B) is all that is needed. Any small engine shop worth it's wrenches should have that kit on hand for less than $7.00. Clean it and reset the jets. This fixes problems such as hard starting, won't idle or engine dies under load.

Even though Tecumseh is out of business, CPC out of Janesville, WI is still making most service parts and they are readily available. The complete repair kit number is 632760B and should cost less than $20.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

thank you.