1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower broke 3 different ways/times at 1 house

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pats plowing, Jan 15, 2008.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

So I was using my Ariens snowblower and I thought I was hitting something solid with my foot and I was. It was the handle that controls the chute. I used a chain to hold it up as I just had another 5-10 minutes to do.
    I was doing the sidewalk and the machine kept puttering and dying because it had water in the carb. Pressing the button underneath didnt help so I decided to give up and come back later with a different one.
    I get to the truck after pushing it to the truck and the rope breaks. I had to call my brother to push it into the truck. Luckily it was a somewhat hill there as it sucks to push it in.

The good news was that my other snowblower didnt break for the remainder of the storm.
  2. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Sounds like it is time to put it into the garage to thaw and then give it a good once over so you don't find anymore issues while you are out using it. :D
  3. xxxreaper

xxxreaper Junior Member

Your a better man than I... I think I would have set in on fire after all that.lol
  4. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Get a shovel - $9.99 a WalMart. That'll do the trick