1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowblower at 2am

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nathan281, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

All the places i do are to small and no place to push the snow. So blowers are faster Anyone getting complants about running to early? I run hondas and they are not to loud. Everyone wants me to be their at 7:00am but i can only be in one place at a time. What are you guys doing?

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

well i don't do residential anymore but when i did we wouldn't start until 9:00 or 10:00 am and would be done bye 5:00pm when people got home. for us we would do commercial all night and then during the day it would be clean up and residential doing residential when the driveway is full doesn't make much sense.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

around here you cant use the snowblower until 7am. They dont really enforce it unless the neighbors call though. I had someones neighbor call the police on me at 6:55am. Cop told me just to wait 5min and he didnt want to be out here either. However for plowing, this year I have my plow, so by the time they call the cops, I'll hopefully already be out. But most of my customers dont care what time it is, they are just glad they know they can get out in the morning and not have to walk through a bunch of snow. Thus I have a 1" trigger this year :)

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it is about time ya bought a damn truck Mark....

as far as lowers go if you are a business you can run them whenever it is snowing

6. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks for the links guss i did not use the right words when i did the search :dizzy:

Any one ever tried using a modified muffler

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

IF I can't plow it, I don't accept the customer. Not worth my time to stand there and snowblow it for 45 minutes when it could be plowed in 5.

8. Big Nate's Plowing

if I did that here I would be out of business fast, I get $100+ a hour whether it is behind the wheel or behind the blower

9. PremierLand

from detroit

all of our driveways are different. last year I was racing a buddy of mine who had a few accounts by me. side by side I beat him with my snowblower. drive was about 20x30. but on those 8x100 foot circle drives, he was blowing me out of the water.

10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I'd love to see that drive you beat him with a blower- must be a real buster. I only carry a blower for blizzards because I have 2 drives with seniors that I have to shovel the walks or drive (tough plowing an 8'3" wide drive with an 8' blade, but I take care of the seniors around here reguardless. I can plow a drive in the time it takes to unload the blower alone.

Nate- I'm glad you can get that kind of cash. I quote $65/hour blowing and get a no every time.

TO OP: There are additional mufflers made for ATV's to quite them after the stock muffler, that might be an avenue to persue- you'd have to modify the stock muffler and make some mounting brackets, but it might work.

11. PremierLand

from detroit

ill take a pic of the drive this week. like I said its like 20x30. But then again, I wasnt your average joe lolly gaggin around with the blower, I was sprinting with it. I got done about 30-45 seconds before him, mainly because he had to get out and do the sidewalk after the driveway was done. but ill be the first to admit, I rather plow the drive than snowblow it, its worth the extra minute for those drives. Hopefully only time i'll ever have to use the snowblower this coming year is for the walkways, now that i have my plowwwwww.

12. Big Nate's Plowing

without snowblowers I wouldnt dream of taking on work like this:
    [​IMG]

13. Dang,
    Nate, what the heck do u charge for a junk driveway like that. That is just rediculous. Why on earth would someone build their house on a hill like that. What a waste.

14. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

And you wouldn't have to, all the snow would slide right down where a plow could get it. Besides, you don't anyway- that's an photoshopped image- seen it a hundred times already.