1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower anti-clog spray out there??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gottaluvplows, Feb 22, 2010.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Ahaha! i like that title!
    But today we got hit with 5-8inches and i was doing some of the walks, my snow blowers discharge hole (forgot the actual name for it..Been up since 2AM) kept getting clogged. Towards the end of the night i wasnt thinking and stuck my hand in there (to remove the snow) And didnt realize my other hand was still engaging the paddles...NOT SMART! Thankfully i realized it and pulled my hand quick. :yow!: That could have been bad!
    Is there anything that i can spray in there so it reduces the chance of clogging and building up on the inside??

Heres the snowblower we use for resi. walks: Honda HS520A
    [​IMG]

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Spray the crap out of it with Fluid Film. I do mine every season, and it has cut the clogs down by 75% or so. If I get a clog, it also seems to clear out easier as well.

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Cooking spray works as a last resort, wd 40 might work

4. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blower

yes to fluid film, yes to WD-40 and yes to cooking spray-the big three pack cans from the Samurai big box stores.

leon

5. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Do i have to get that online?? Because i have never seen it in Home Depot or Lowe's..
    (fluid Film)

6. leon

leon Senior Member

fluid film

You can order it online from fluid film but check the FF home page to see if you have a dealer nearby. The JD farm equipment dealers have been handling it in central new york.

leon:waving:

7. brimfield

brimfield Member

Lemon Pledge or just plain furniture oil spray works great. A bungee cord with anything other than your hand is great for clearing clogs.

8. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blower

I totally forgot about furniture polish:waving:

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

What about wax? Like ski/snowboard wax or even turtle wax?

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

colder, dryer snow, and a two-stage blower will help!

11. brimfield

brimfield Member

Alot of wet snow today and I had only one clog up.I went full speed into a snow bank and clogged it up.Wet snow was a pain and I had to keep the speed down as the 13 hp engine was really working hard.Furniture polish is great but I do wonder what the ski wax would do.

12. RedDodge

RedDodge Junior Member
    from md

I've been using WD-40. It works great. It can loosen nuts though. I've seen that happen with dirt bikes with several people. (keeps the dirt from sticking & cleans up fast)

I've thought about using RainX. Cooking spray, or furniture polish sounds like a good cheap idea.

13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I use Silicone spray.

14. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

15. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

ski wax for snowmobiles works good im told ive seen people use armor all