1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear/ winterwolf FS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by tuckerman, Feb 12, 2006.

1. tuckerman

tuckerman Junior Member

I have a winterwolf snowbear for sale. plow is in great shape. just ordered entirely new wiring harness direct from snowbear, never used. also, have brackets for an 04 ranger. looking to get 500 for the entire setup. Pickup only, not gonna ship it, not worth it.
    plow has worked fine, just bought an '05 dodge 1500. plow is too small.

Also, looking for plow for the new truck.

I've got pics, but there @ work. I can have them tomorrow.

2. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

damn. just bought one.

oh, well...just an fyi: I was afraid of the size of the WW being a problem on my 1500 Dodge, so I did quite a bit of poking around before I bought it. a 7.5' model of most any plow will only give you a couple of inches more plowing path beyond the wheel width of the truck, compared to the 7' SnowBear. other brands/models that are 8' would all be too heavy for the 1500.

I suppose with the variable angling ability of a conventional power-angle plow, you can choose to not angle it all the way, and get some extra width there. But we're not really comparing apples to apples, considering the price difference.

I posted some pics in the non-commercial forum, if you want to see what it looks like, and how it works on a full size dodge. (older style truck, but probably not much different in size than the '05 model).