1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear winch wiring etc

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bradman0087, Dec 28, 2012.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

A few questions can I hook up a wireless remote to current super winch? Or any ideas on other switches besides big window switch? If I got a cheap harbor freight winch could I put wireless on that?

2. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

3. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

yes i saw those when i was searching as well, i dont want to drop 300 for wireless from snowbear.. i wondering if any one had rigged up any wireless or any way to get rid of big window switch.

4. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

I installed this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OTGY8C this year. going to be the first time using it today (first snowstorm)

working great so far.

only downside is it is hard to control small motion. press the wireless remote, it goes pretty far on each press. press too much, the drum will slip.

5. theholycow

If you're not married to the wireless idea and just don't like that switch, a recent thread discussed at least one alternative switch. I think it's the one asking about reinstating the snowbear forum.

6. theholycow