1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear Winch Handle and a good deal

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dougiu, Nov 9, 2009.

1. dougiu

dougiu Junior Member
    from Indiana

I just installed my 82" plow but it didn't come with a winch handle. It also wasn't mentioned anywhere in the manual. Should it have come with one?
    Mine had the safety hook.

By the way....I bought mine at Lowes for $999US. sent to the store. Anyone interested in the 82" model might want to check them out. I think they made a mistake as their website said something like $1500 but I wasn't telling them that.
    That was as cheap as the snowblower I was looking at.
  2. dougiu

dougiu Junior Member
    from Indiana

Fax your receipt to get a winch handle

I faxed my proof of purchase receipt to Snowbear and they are shipping me a handle no charge. The girl I talked to was Danielle and she sounded like a total hottie. She's probably 300 but it's my fantasy and I'm stickin' to it!
  3. ArcticCat1

ArcticCat1 Member

Those were selling for $1,200 at Sams club a couple years ago. I bought the last one Sams had on hand (a display model) for $600!! They had $700 marked on it, and I told them I'll get it off their hands for $600, and the manager took the deal! It pays to negotiate, but it was missing a few small parts, and the winch motor did not work, but SB sent all new parts!

By the time I had the new parts & winch the plowing season was over!!!:realmad: Oh well, there is always this winter!!!!:drinkup:
  4. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

heres a good idea for that manual winch handle.. cut the handle loop end off and make it like a drill bit,and carry a battery dril with you. this works great for me. so no more cranking.. and by the way where did the hotie work for snow bear lol. iam bout to call