1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear scraper

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bluejeep, Dec 12, 2005.

1. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

i have a older snowbear plaw on my jeep, and the scaraper was already old but since we had about 6 inch snow i plowed 12 driveways and i noticed that the scraper is worn out completly on both sides. Does anyonw know if you can just get a pice of metal from a hardware store or do you have to get one from snowbear. I dont want to spend the $80 on a snowbear one, i would like one thats a littler more beefer then the one they sell.

2. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

guess you could do what you want...if the SB one is $80 that is a bargain..otherwise you need to get a heavy piece of steel and drill a lot of holes in it to mount it.

I am sure a local metalworking shop could hook you up and fabricate one.

When the time comes, I may look into the same..or just get it from SB and be done with it.

Paul

3. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

o wow i just looked at the scraper and the bolts are rusty bent and there is no way i will be able to get 2 on the side. What do you guys do when this happends?

4. jav1

jav1 Junior Member
    from MA

easiest thing would be to have someone cut them off with an acetolyne torch (not an option on plastic blades). Other than that, you can always drill the heads off.

5. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

How fast is is the scraper last usally?

6. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

I also just noticed that the plow and the scraper are both bent. If i get a new scraper it wont sit flush with the plow.