1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear scraper blade

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Wide Right, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Wide Right

Wide Right Junior Member

So, I got tired of paying a contractor to plow my 200'+ driveway and found what I believe is about a 2004 era Snowbear PolarPro Flexblade. I picked up the whole setup including a spare actuator for $500. I replaced the control module and installed the front mount hitch on my 2003 F150 STX. Everything is wired and mounted up and ready to plow the typically large snowfalls we get in Central NY. My last concern is the scraper blade. The plow has certainly been used, but the scraper blade has rust from just sitting for the last few years and not being used. It seems to sit level and the skid shoes are in good shape. Is there any reasonable reason to replace the scraper? I would hate to blow another $150 if I don't need to.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If you still have cutting edge left then leave it alone