1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear plow comment!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by snowfighter75, Mar 10, 2007.

1. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I just bought one at my local walmart for $876 plus tax. Its a proshovel 6'8" . I have 5 friends that own the same plow and they don't have a bad thing to say about them. Yes of course your not going to beat the hell out of this plow or try to move mountains with it. It won't take it. But for the price of less than a snowblower that is a pain in the rear, breaking belts, shearing pins, and the cold and snow blowing in your face, I'll take my SNOWBEAR! You want a personal use plow for your own needs, and maybe plow out a couple of neighbors. Buy one and save yourself the extra cost of your $4000 to $8000 plows and spend that extra money on a summer toy! I can't say nothing bad about snowbear plows!

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i just bought my 2nd plow from lowes today on clearance for $636 out the door .... and bought my first one out the door 7 yrs ago for $500

3. snowfighter75

If you bought your second one...I guess you like them! Thats an awsome price! Good for you!

4. groundbreakers

yah i even beat the price that a good 2 stage blower would cost .... yah i do a few small commercial lots .. a few big residential driveways and most of all my relatives houses ... soo ya it does pay for it self ... just doesnt sit in the garage collecting dust .... i just had to scrap out my other one ... after 7 yrs of hard use ... not shabby plows at all ..

5. schnitz

schnitz Member

I've got one too. 88" for my old '93 2wd. Intil we got the snowfall that dumped 16" on my '97, I wasn't going to put it on this truck. I'll be putting it on now. I hate shoveling.....

In a while, Chet.

S4010106.JPG

6. dboling

dboling Junior Member
    from Poconos

I bought a TX75 this year and just finished putting it together last week. It was missing a few minor parts that I'll deal with this week. ( cotter keys, hitch pins ). Would have bought a nicer plow but was having problems finding mounts to fit a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4.
    It's not the sturdiest plow but it looks like it'll last a few years if I don't abuse it to much.
    The biggest problem I found was the custom mounts, only 2 bolts to hold each side in place. the first bolt barely fits and the second bolt isn't even close 1/2 - 3/4 inch off. The manual says that there bolt holes are slotted to make up for misaligned bolt holes, but they aren't slotted at all. the universal cross member that came with the mount has holes that could be used for mounting to the front of frame just behind bumper so the receiver pins stay level where you set them, but I guess snowbear didn't think that far ahead.
    Soon as my new welding helmet gets here, I'll welding the mounts in place.

7. groundbreakers

well just to tell ya people who have snow bear plows ... the holes for the mounting brackets are NOT perfectly cut in ... snowbear told me i might have to make some minor adjustments on my bracket...

8. dboling

dboling Junior Member
    from Poconos

This was a bit more than a minor adjustment.

Also I purchased a TX75 Snowbear plow and was Shipped a TX50,
    anybody know what the difference is, if any ?

9. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

SB50 is their 82" plow
    SB 75 is their 82" plow w/ snow deflector.

I think the TX is marketed through Tractor Supply Company, same plow, different color/name;)

Ben

10. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

That is an AWESOME price;)

11. dboling

dboling Junior Member
    from Poconos

I emailed http://www.snowplowstuff.com/ where I bought it. They said there is no difference between the TX75 and TX50. I guess the TX50 model number is used by Lowes, Home Depot, ect. and the TX75 Model number is used by every one else. I paid $1169.00 for the plow which was on special and it came with a deflector. 89.00 for a set of heavy duty Shoes. I'm pretty happy with http://www.snowplowstuff.com/. Snowbear screwed up the plow order so the plow arrived 3 weeks late and http://www.snowplowstuff.com/ went out of there way to make it right and gave me a light kit for it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. snowfighter75

The tx model may be a little bit lighter in weight. The mold bord that is. But Im not sure. If so its very little and should be a good plow. I looked at an add for one before I bought my ps100 SnowBear but went with it because of local sale at walmart. Let us know how you like it!

13. groundbreakers

jettix2 - ya kinda helps when you know the sales manager and home depot and lowes .... LOL ... still need a light kit for your plow ?? i have one that i dont need ... or like i said i have one that i made that looks like the western setup ... i will snap a pic tomorrow and post it tomorrow night ..... i had to wait till my parents got home to use there highly expensive digital camara .. so just let me know ..

14. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

Actually, I DO need a light kit...........

I'd be interested in an OEM Snowbear kit that I can bolt on;)

15. groundbreakers

well i have em .. with the actual lights that snowbear offers ... i took em off my plow i just bought .... lemme know when you need them ..

16. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

Send me an email at

cornertoystore <at> gmail <dot> com

and we'll figure out the details!!

Thanks! Ben

17. sday88

sday88 Member

I had a similar problem with my mounting bolts not being long enough. I have a '97 Ford Ranger. I bought a PS100 from Home Depot and only one bolt on each side would fit through. I called Snowbear about it and sent them pictures. My mounts had tabs on them that were preventing the mount from sitting flat against the frame. They said that I must have a "one-off" frame that was slightly different than what they made their mounts to. They were very helpful and made custom mounts for me without the tabs and are even sending me free skid shoes. Call Snowbear, they'll work it out for you. I'm very pleased with them.

Scott

18. groundbreakers

jettix2 - heres a pic of my fabricated light tower that i told ya looks like a western setup ..

clip_image002.jpg

19. dboling

dboling Junior Member
    from Poconos

How much up and down play does your snowbears blade have?
    Mine moves up and down about a foot or so unless I have the blade all the way up.
    Does that seem like it's to much?

20. groundbreakers

if i have mine a floating status .. it maybe moved a couple of inches back and forth but not to much ..