1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear plow and winch

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by march, Dec 21, 2005.

1. march

march Junior Member
    from canada

Hi ,I own a snowbear plow now for 2 years.My problem is the winch.The gears in this superwinch from snowbear are not strong enough.The teeth keep stripping on me.Someone on this post mentioned that there is a waren winch that would hook right up to the snowbear system.Can anyone tell me witch one and where to get one.The winch that comes with the snowbear plow is not very well made and I would like to replace it with a stronger one.Can anyone help?:I have went threw two of these winches.:help:
  2. millratf250

millratf250 Member

3. march

march Junior Member
    from canada

snowbear winch

I looked at the sites but cannot find a winch that will replace the snowbear winch.There is a waren one thats suppose to bolt right on with no modificactions.I,m looking for that winch if anyone knows.
  4. NEAL

NEAL Member

5. march

march Junior Member
    from canada

Do you know which model will work with the snowbear system? Thanks
  6. john-boy

john-boy Member

try using a snatch block, doubles the cable to cut the load in half. its half the speed, but more reliable and cost 50-60 from awdirect.com
  7. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

other than the winch issue..is it a good plow for you March?..i may be getting one in about three weeks..any comments on it?the guy selling wants $650(bracket mount not included:realmad: ),seems from recent posts it's only at best regarded as a painfully decent little worker,however in my part of the forgotten world..this is the first offering of an available plow i've come accross..go figure being labelled the "igloo" country!
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  8. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

If i were you and had a bit of fabrication skills, get an electric actuator like the newer snow bears use and make that work.