1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear on and ready for action!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by PhantomRacer, Dec 5, 2005.

1. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

Getting ready for the first significant snow of the season (boston/south area). Put the plow on...

I do have the snowbear lights..but changed the heads to a real set of lights (high beam, low beam, turn signals). Got them off ebay last year pretty cheap...installed OK..

I even wired the plow lights to work off the factory light switch through a relay (running lights power the low beam, high beam powers the high beam, and each turn signal powers each signal) Pretty neat I think ...I used a trailer connector for a quick release...I'll get pics taken..

These lights are street legal unlike the utility light from snowbear...and work quite well..

Ready for action!

Paul

2. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

Great job on the lights. Is there any chance you can post a picture? I hope you get that snow they're talking about. Good luck with the plow.

3. Houlie7

Houlie7 Junior Member

Just waiting for the call

I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas. I cannot wait to get out there for the first plowable event for the Cape. The trucks are ready and waiting.

Scott

trucks and garage 056.jpg

4. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

All I can think of is the Dunkin Donuts commercial a few years ago.. a couple plow drivers watching one flake of snow coming down...and they have their big ass trucks ...fighting for the one flake...

of course..few months from now...I will be like...damn...more snow I got to plow...

But it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better with the plow than shoveling by hand or even with a blower..

The SB is worth its weight in gold IMO....

I was happy with the way the lights came out..I'll get some pics up..

Paul

5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

You know it is a good commercial when you are still talking about it 3 years later.