1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear on an F250 Diesel!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Goofyexponent, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Goofyexponent

Goofyexponent Member

Well, it ain't a heavy duty V-plow, but it ain't a shovel either!

F250 019.jpg

F250 010.jpg

F250 016.jpg

F250 019.jpg

F250 010.jpg

F250 016.jpg
  2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

its a heavy duty shovel :D
  3. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

well good luck but you get what you pay for
  4. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

ummmm good luck but not to be mean or anything i prolly would of invested in a big snowblower with a roof
  5. Nice truck but the plow looks pretty light duty. Be really easy on that thing if your going to try and make money with it.
  6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I had one for 6 years, replaced the winch once, the winch gets killed if you do a lot of plowing
  7. F150dash

F150dash Member

On year # 3 with mine, replaced the winch once and that is it, works great other then that, and it will push. Even the wet crap we get here in Nova Scotia. Enjoy sitting in a nice warm cab, it's better then a snowblower or a 4 wheeler, I've done both!! Have fun.....
  8. Goofyexponent

Goofyexponent Member

She ain't a bad old plow...nothing too serious though. I plan on plowing with it this year for sure, MAYBE next year and then buying a hydraulic 7.5 foot straight blade if i get enough driveways. Like myself and other have said though, that is a lot of truck for that snowbear, but if you keep your foot off the stupid pedal, it should last a few years.
  9. Goofyexponent

Goofyexponent Member

After plowing with the snowbear all winter last year, I never broke, bent or ruined ANYTHING but one winch. I was happy with the plow, but I wanted something bigger for my 3/4 ton.

Now, it's the start of another season, but I won't be doing any plowing this year. I got SERIOUSLY RIPPED OFF working for ACADEMY TOWING if Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. What a con artist! If you need a tow, call me and I'llpersonally push your car by hand before I let anyone get towed by this guy. He says he has a bridge contract for the two harbour span bridges, but you can call whoever you want to, and I suggest calling someone else if you like your money!! It was the only real job going last year besides the plowing, and it SUCKED! I worked 70 - 90 hours PER WEEK and only brought home $439.34 PER WEEK!

So needless to say, when It snowed on my days off, that I had to go plowing I would get the phone call to go tow instead...I had to sell the plow to afford the insurance on the truck, rent and keep food in the fridge. Most of the other bills never got paid. After I quit there, I got ripped for another $1200 from the guy I drove truck for for two years...not a good thing.

This year the bottom fell out of construction and dump trucking and I made next to no money. I have an 8 foot fisher blade, but that's it...just a blade to show for all that damn work!
  10. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

When you get 2 steps forward, always prepare yourself to take 3 steps back.

Now that your at your lowest, it can only get better from here.

Stay positive.
  11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i wish you best of luck finding a job, and now hearing the story use what ever plow you can get to keep food in the fridge for you and your family. im sorry to hear about you getting screwed.
  12. Goofyexponent

Goofyexponent Member

Thanks for the support guys. I am trying to track down a frame kit and a set of head gear for the pickup to fit my old blade..If anyone in the Halifax/Dartmouth areas has one they want to sell, I'd be more than happy to buy it. I don't even care if it lookslike hell, I just gotta get up and going again.
  13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I want a small plow for my Ford sometime.
  14. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

You should be able to track those parts down pretty cheap on here.. Lot's of good advice and gelp on here. Keep your head up and plow down..