1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowBear name bought

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by acornish, Jul 2, 2012.

1. acornish

acornish Senior Member

2. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

3. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

interesting they went to a front receiver instead of the custom mounts like the old plows.

4. theholycow

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I gotta be honest, I beat the piss out of my snowbear (I believe it was a 2006 model). I plowed after the storm and ended up with about 8 properties during a heavy snowfall year. It plowed over a foot a snow and took the beating well. I bent a few pieces after that year but it still worked great. I ended up selling it used for $500, bought it for $1200, and it brought in around $3,000 in revenue for me. It was light so the truck never new it was their which saved on wear/tear and fuel. I can't comment on the newer ones but mine was great.

6. PhantomRacer

from boston

sorry, didn't see the reply

Not seeing what? the front mount receiver? you now need 2" front mount receiver to mount the new mount, which goes into the plow. The plow is still the same. Its the mount that changed. SB just needs to make ONE mount, and leaves it up the owner to get a 2" class III front mount installed.

The old mounts are still available from some online vendors, unsure (doubtful) that new ones will be engineered for new trucks.

This goes into the receiver, which goes into the plow.

[​IMG]

7. theholycow

I don't know where you found that photo but you're right. The site now says '2" Front Receiver is required'. I think it didn't say that when I posted that before.

8. PhantomRacer

from boston

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

yup, thats the new style the mount systems were always one of the weakest parts of a snowbear, now they even weaker.

10. PhantomRacer

from boston

dont know about weak...13+ years on mine, been through hell and back, can't say I had an issue with the mount. A class3 hitch is pretty robust. I dont like the new system, but I don't see it as weak however.

11. snowbear1

snowbear1 Member

snowbear plows

mine is 6yrs old new winch new cutting edge
    beat the snot out of it still going strong