1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear mount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by earnies2, Nov 9, 2013.

1. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Hello i just bought a Frontline snowplow that i plan on mounting on my land rover discovery...it has a winch bumper and i will need to fab up a mount does anyone know the size of the round tubes that the plow mounts to I belive that winter wolf,snowbear and frontline are the same mount anh help would be great thanks ussmileyflag

2. tmcmurran

tmcmurran Junior Member
    from Canada

Snowbear pegs are or were too weak for the weight of the Frontline. Bent mine the other-day and needed to take the one that came from the Frontline and have it modified and strengthened to support the extra weight. Was not amused since the company stated the Snowbear mount would be just fine and now I am looking at an $800+ fabrication/welding bill this week.

3. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Frontline plows

Thats good info can you tell me the diamiter of the mount.....:mechanic:

4. tmcmurran

tmcmurran Junior Member
    from Canada

Yup, will get the measurements for you in the morning.