1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear mount on 1999 dodge ram

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by joelfke, Nov 11, 2014.

1. joelfke

joelfke Junior Member

Hi Everyone - I have a snowbear plow that I have been using on my jeep for a few years, but have decided to retire the jeep and mount the snowbear plow on my 1999 dodge ram 1/2 ton truck. I have the mount kit (old two post mounting system) but the directions make no sense. Does anyone have experience with the snowbear mount on a 99 dodge ram that could provide some guidance? it looks like I will have to remove the front bumper to access the frame - True?
    Thanks for your help!http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/drinkup.gif

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

No, I did it without removing my bumper, although it would have been alot easier to take bumper off now I know....it was a 2 man job for sure the way I did it by not taking bumper off. they go on the curved part of the frame front.

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

idk if this will help you or not. i'm thinking it wont but, i'll throw it out there anyway. i helped a friend install a snowbear on his 2001 durango last year. didn't have to remove the bumper but it was also the receiver hitch mount not the 2 post system. it may cost you more money but maybe it would be easier to get the front receiver mount and either buy the 2 post plow to front receiver adaptor they sell or even fab up one of the adaptors?