1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear installation

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by wolverine113, Jan 2, 2010.

1. wolverine113

wolverine113 Junior Member

I just finished installing a 88" plow on a Dodge 3500. I would say it took me 12-15 hours total although that also included skid shoes and lights. Doing it in 20-30 degree weather in an unheated garage didn't help but this was a bigger job than I anticipated. The biggest problem is the instruction manual. The diagrams are so fuzzy as to be useless. I basically had to figure out each assembly step on my own. I wonder if they had a printing problem with my manual or if they are always that bad. On the positive side, I am very familiar with the whole setup now since I had to put it together piece by piece. I'm also impressed with the construction of the plow and the size of it. I was afraid it would look small on my truck but it is a little wider than the truck and has decent height. It seems fairly heavy duty for what I will be using it for. We haven't had a snow storm yet here in MI so I'm glad I'm ready for the first one.
  2. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

yea i bought mine used but there great... the install of the cross member sucked lol
  3. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

Maybe right about a printing problem. My instructions were legible. I think it took me 4-5 hours, doing it out in the driveway during a snowstorm. Only nice part was being able to use it immediately :) I would think some of the installs would be much more time consuming than others.
  4. B Nick

B Nick Junior Member

My manual was a little fuzzy as well, I just bought a brand new 88'' with all the bells and whistles including the wireless remote, and I also thought it would look small on my dodge, but it looks fine. I just took my truck and plow in and had it installed, just easier that way. It took the guy about 7-8 hours.
  5. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

I bought a used one and downloaded the manual right off the snowbear site.....printed great
  6. wolverine113

wolverine113 Junior Member

Finally some snow predicted this week. I practiced with the 1-2" we had on the ground but it was hard to do too much since I have a gravel driveway with some uneven terrain. Looking forward to testing it out in the next couple days on the bigger amounts they are predicing (Still only 3-5").