1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear install question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RLong, Feb 26, 2015.

1. RLong

RLong Junior Member

Okay, I'm getting a bit frustrated with my new snowbear, just trying to assemble it... :angry: !

I'm 90% done, I just can't fasten the blade to the A-frame assembly. Trying to line up the brackets of the A-frame with the ribs on the blade, but the openings don't quite line up. I'm just the smallest fraction of an inch (I'm talking like 1 or 2 mm) away being able to slide the clevis pins through. There are little cleats located just above the holes on the blade that are interfering with me trying to get the A-frame into place. Not sure of the purpose of these cleats...maybe to limit just how much the blade rotates? Don't know. Regardless, I can't seem to get the A-frame holes high enough on the ribs before I'm butting up against these cleats :cry:

I realize I'm doing a poor job of describing my dilemma, but has anyone else experienced this? I prefer not to drill the holes larger, but I'm really tempted to, ever so slightly, ream out the holes on the blade. Thoughts?
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

might just be the powder coating thats holding it back, take a file to it before you go drilling things & make it sloppier fit. GL
  3. Lee Vitalone

Lee Vitalone Junior Member

yes-you need to get a drill bit that size and just 'align" the holes. It's also recommended by the makers.
    just line them up as close as you can, and clamp it, then drill the two holes open. If too far off call them, good CS. They should only be off a bit.
    One thing! after using for the season, power wash that thing good and spray some fluid film on it and keep it covered up. They are nice for homeowners but are known to rust if not cared for.
  4. RLong

RLong Junior Member

Thanks guys, that's great advice!
  5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Use a BFH.