1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear Forum

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by wawuce, Jan 4, 2006.

1. wawuce

wawuce Member

I was just wondering why they don't have a snowbear forum located in the industry forum section of this website? I think they should have one being that the snowsport plow has one. What do you guys and girls think?:confused:

2. smegmaman

smegmaman Junior Member

go for it. Im happy with the bear!

3. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

see the 15 advertisers above ^

you don't see SB......I think that has something to do with it too !:rolleyes:

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You took the words right out of my mouth...

And if you notice the snowsport does not have a lot of activity...

I think the non-commercial section is good enough... You have to remember this sight is supposed to be geared more toward commercial plowing...

5. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

Frozen , I have to agree with you.
    I do think that there are a few of us (SB users) that are interested in innovations and such,that watch closely enough that info does'nt fall through the cracks,....BUT not so many that we need a forum.

Well not yet:cool: purplebou but you never know..........

It is something that is Sean or the admin/moderators call also....:salute:

6. smegmaman

smegmaman Junior Member

I think it would be more than appropriate to have a snowbear niche set up. It would be helpful for others to hear and learn from actual snowbear users-experience is the best teacher.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

You don't get it. In order to have a separate forum, the company must sponsor this site. Since Snow Bear is not a commercial plow and this site is for commercial contractors, you probably will not see them sponsor this site.:rolleyes:

8. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

I think a snowbear forum would make the site a little cleaner and benefit what appears to be a sizable number of members. I don't own a snowbear but enjoy reading posts by snowbear owners, just like I enjoy reading about the Blizzards, Westerns, Meyer and other plows.

The plow is going to be discussed regardless of whether or not Snow Bear is a sponsor. May as well give them a "home" of their own. Besides every visitor to this site is potential customer for the sponsors.

9. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

I don't know if we have discussed sponsorship with SnowBear or not, but the members who mentioned it above are correct - if they are not a sponsor we do not have a dedicated forum for that company

10. smegmaman

smegmaman Junior Member

Thanks for the input. However, if this site were exclusively for commercial interests only, why does it have a clearly labeled forum called "Non-Commercial Snow Removal?"

I do not have an MBA, but I would imagine more traffic from both professional and non professional interests would benefit both parties and manufactures in the long run. Why exclude anyone- after all, the snow doesnt care who's pushing it around anyway-lol.

11. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

It's not so much that this is a commercial site. (Snowsport certainly isn't)

as this is a site to help people with questions about snow plowing.
    And yes,while I agree the majority of people here are commercial ,there are those of us helping those new to plowing on a personal level, where cost and vehicle do make a difference.

SB also being a Canadian company may have something to do with their ability to advertise in this country ?

And I know this has been stated a zillion times but this is still 'the Non-commercial forum' section of Plowsite.

I'm glad that Sean gives us this access to post,read and learn. Enough said ...:waving: