1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear for Tacoma

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skidmark845, Jul 9, 2013.

1. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

I have a 2004 Tacoma 4X4 6 cylinder. I was thinking about getting a used Snowbear to do my driveway. I have a 100 yard straight driveway with a turn around. I figured I would just drive straight down backup move blade and go down driveway again.

Is the Snowbear easy to put on and remove? Most important to remove as I would do driveway and then remove before going to work.

Any other comments about this plow are appreciated.

Tired on using ATV to plow.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. briguy

briguy Junior Member
    from ohio

Snowbear

I've got a snowbear on my cherokee and i like it. Snowbears do have to be flipped side to side manually but that hasnt bothered me too much. mine does a fine job. My driveway is as long as yours and i can clear it in just a few minutes. I've found the only problem with snowbear plows is they dont have any down pressure for back dragging the snow away from my garage door. been thinking of how to solve that but havent found a solution just yet. Unhooking it is pretty easy. Just 2 pins and unplug wire hookups. Alot of guys look down on the snowbear plows but i've had nothing bad to say about mine. Thumbs Up

3. snowbear1

snowbear1 Member

snowbear

i've had one for about 7yrs been on two trucks works great
    i plow a few driveways and help were i work changed the winch motor and went from the strap to a chain it works fine as long as you don't beat it to death
    i,ve posted pictures if you want to check them out
    good luck

4. RODSKWAD

RODSKWAD Junior Member

I've had one on my 01 4Runner goin on 6yrs with no complaints just remember its not a battering ram I plowed for over 19 yrs 87-06 for a local municipality with 25 ton bucket loader w/14' plow so I know a bit of the game