1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear emergency winch handle

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ranger88den, Oct 29, 2009.

1. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

I recently purchased a Geo Tracker with a snowbear plow. I didn't come with a safety hook or a emergency manual winch crank handle. I found the dimensions for the safety hook on another thread but need the rod diameter and dimensions for the crank handle. Thanks in advance.
  2. ranger88den

Any help out there?
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I had a snowbear for 2 years and never used the emergency handle. If the winch broke I used a 1500 ATV winch I bought from Walmart for $70- master lock was the name. The only thing that broke on those were the cables, then the spools because of ice build up.
  4. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

i have a snow bear on my turbo toyota pickup for 5 years now and havn't had the winch die yet. as for the lift strap that lasted 2 weeks just replaced it with polly rope. your best bet for the handle is to just contact snowbear.
  5. whiteowl

whiteowl Junior Member

I have a Winterwolf plow made by Snowbear. I have a winch handle in my Jeep. I will take the dimensions of of it and get back to you. I think the Snowbear and Winterwolf use the same motor winch handle. Have patience, give me a day ot two.

6. ranger88den

Plowguy & revtoy, thanks for the input but I like to be prepared for the worst. whiteowl, thank you for taking the time to get the dimensions. Dave
  7. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

not a problem man. The reason I would get ahold of snowbear is the handle If i remember right is only 25 bucks.
  8. whiteowl

whiteowl Junior Member

Did you get my private message?? I have a drawing with the dim's for you I can email or post office mail to you. Do yoy still need it?? I hope Snowbear doesn't sue me for copyright infringement.....

9. ranger88den

whiteowl, Could you please email the dimensions/drawing to me at
    Thanks for your help, Dave
  10. dougiu

dougiu Junior Member
    from Indiana

I just installed my 82" plow but it didn't come with a winch handle. It also wasn't mentioned anywhere in the manual. Should it have come with one?
    Mine had the safety hook.

By the way....I bought mine at Lowes for $999US. sent to the store. Anyone interested in the 82" model might want to check them out. I think they made a mistake as their website said something like $1500 but I wasn't telling them that.
    That was as cheap as the snowblower I was looking at.
  11. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

yeah on the side of the motor there should be a hole for the handle to go in. so if the motor craps out you can get the plow up.
  12. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

can some one with the dimencions/drawing of the emergency winch handle email it to me? I would rather be safe than sorry.

13. ranger88den

whiteowl, emailed me this nicely detailed drawing on which I based my construction. Good luck
    P.S. Make sure that the flat at the end, that fits into the winch, is centered.

Attached Files:

• IMG.pdf
      File size:
      11 KB
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009