1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear cust serv

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by acornish, Nov 22, 2010.

1. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok i replace the stollen one-- now bought new one and the controller and wiring missing-- store said contact snowbear--- sent email and called --- got email today saying that they have what i need and will have to pay for it--- this dont sound right to me , i should have gotten those parts to start with--- anybody else have a prob with them like this

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Where did you buy it from? Return policy?

3. acornish

acornish Senior Member

lowes said to call snowbear

4. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Lowes owes you the parts, not snowbear. Your purchase agreement is with them not snowbear. If something was broken or there is a warranty concern then yea, call snowbear. Lowes is the dealer and needs to deal with their distributor or with snowbear directly about this. They should dig in another carton and find the parts you need.

5. acornish

acornish Senior Member

mngr said he will call snowbear and see what he can do--- they wont open the boxes for this reason -- they dont wanna be responsible for missing parts

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah they work like that. I had the same problem when I bought mine but lowes did call and I got the stuff free- it just took awhile.

7. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

I had to deal directly with snow bear.

I need springs and some other parts that were missing.
    after being treated like a criminal, they finally caved and gave me my parts.

Seems like they need better shipping QC

8. acornish

acornish Senior Member

well i hope so-- winter is here if it was an 88 i would switch it with my truck and not wotty to much till i get the parts but its the little 82 and too small for the full size ---

by the way Happy Thanksgiving Guys

9. acornish

acornish Senior Member

wow just got an email from snowbear they said i never registered it so im responsible for the missing parts--- thats funny i registered and ordered the mount & the deflector the day i bought it, i started the assembly proccess the next day and found out there was no switch ass. wow they really dont like repeat cust. i guess--- does anybody here remember the the wiring for the relay and togle switch that was posted once before---

10. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

If companies are starting that crap, then send the registration card by Registerd Mail.
    Then someone has to sign for it and you will get the conformation of it.

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't Lowes do the registration for you? I thought they did on mine.

12. acornish

acornish Senior Member

i dont know some might -- but talked to mngr. again yesterday, he said he hates dealing with them cause the are so slow

13. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Back to the store it goes...Lol! I always purchase products with the implied understanding that if the company does not stand behind the said product it comes back for a full refund.

C.

14. acornish

acornish Senior Member

wish it was that easy---lol gave up on them for now made my own relay and switch system