1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowbear cust serv

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by acornish, Nov 22, 2010.

1. acornish

acornish Senior Member

wow this is last time i get one --have had 2 and loved using them 1st got stolen 2nd bought used to replace 1st --now i go buy a brand new one for other truck and parts are missing call them up and sent emails ---amonth later get email that states i have to buy the parts -- this is rediculous any body else have a problem like this--- guess i might as well scrap this thing its usless without controller and wiring

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its a winch, all you need is wiring from an ATV winch to make it work. You can sometime's find it locally at an autoparts store or just look online. That is rediculous though- if it wasn't included when you purchased it new, I'd go back to where you bought it and talk with them.

I purchased mine from Lowe's and when dealing with Snowbear it did take awhile. They forgot to include a pin on mine and it took a few weeks to get it. Definitely not upset that I sold that thing.

3. acornish

acornish Senior Member

yep lowes---said call snowbear

4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

I know its only a winch--- but the point is why should i pay for it twice--- it was supposed to come with it and it didnt--- this is a bad way to loose buisness-- i think their cust. serv. sucks--- i mean the units are good i do like them but i dont like being told --- oh you have to buy a new one

5. acornish

acornish Senior Member

wow just got an email from snowbear they said i never registered it so im responsible for the missing parts--- thats funny i registered and ordered the mount & the deflector the day i bought it, i started the assembly proccess the next day and found out there was no switch ass. wow they really dont like repeat cust. i guess--- does anybody here remember the the wiring for the relay and togle switch that was posted once before---

Happy Thanksgiving

6. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

7. acornish

acornish Senior Member

thanks ranger that is what i was looking for ---- time to wire up two relays and a switch

8. acornish

acornish Senior Member

update -- wired up the relays and switch works good , and looks a lot better then the stupid window thing --- think ill do the other one same way

9. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

When it workes I don't mind the plow but since the last storm last year ,it has broke something every time I plow and customer service is the worst of any company in any industry have ever dealt with. Ignorant and uncaring would be an improvement. We have to 9ft fishers and a bobcat s175 with a blower on it at work I bought the pos for personnel use only and it wasn't anywhere near worth it or dealing with them. Goinmg to get a fischer

10. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

Yeah,
    Most people that have them, whether purchased new or used, improvise or improve on Snowbear's construction/design and avoid purchasing parts from them. Kinda sad really.

11. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

snow bear is a simple design ... any parts can be found in stores in the states .... and if you have a machine shop than you can reduplicate the plow and frame ... ive used snow bear plows since 2001 decent plow for homeowners or small business .... problem now they want 2000 for a new one now you can buy a profesional built one for the same price ...

12. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

buying the snowbear was a lesson learned too late I wish I had found this site before I bought it. alot of good info here and alotta good people willing to share thanks.Spend my nites keeping the school districts lots and walks open , we are never the reason to close school summer is short enough and theres is always alot of work to do.So plow all night work all day come home to plow and weld breaks strap breaks motors burns or the wiring . Spend too much time fixing it to be worth while. probably OK for a small driveway I've got over 400 ft Wouldn't mind if snowbear wasn't so awful to deal with, I know I'm bitching like I said wish I'd found the site earlier.

13. Polar66

Polar66 Junior Member

4 years ago I would have recommended Snowbear without any hestitation, but WOW, has their customer service gone down hill since. Wonder what happended? If they don't improve and improve soon, the crash at the bottom of the hill will be life ending!

14. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

Thats exactly what I told them after the umteen time I called or emailed them. Would the last one to leave please shut off the lites. I don't know how they can be so indefferent to the people who own thier POS it doesn't make sense in this economy, but if you need drama in your life or just like to be totally PO'd call them.

15. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok so I am not the only one to hate dealing with them. I have decided that come spring I will totaly customize my snowbear, and hybrid it with a meyer setup (got some stuff for free and some super cheap) . It will basicly be a meyer with snowbear mount and moldboard. The new one has already broken a strap and winch burnt out so took it off and returned it to Lowes-- they were not surprized and gave me full refund. I put a Homesteader on the trailblazer now and it works flawless (wife is happy). As far as for the GMC the people at snowbear told me i should get their new Winterwolf pro -- its stronger they say. My thing is why cant they just own up and get me what i was supposed to get and not tell me to spend another 2k.

16. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

I'm in the same boat.
    I love the plow but dislike the service.

When I bought it from Sam's club (3 seasons ago) I ordered the mounts. A day later I started to put it together and noticed missing parts. Springs, bolts, nuts and so on.
    I called up for the missing parts,
    First I got a cocky, "let me guess you're missing your mounts, well guess what you have to order them."
    So then I went on to explain that I had already ordered the mounts the day before and noticed missing parts.
    I was then accused of stealing the plow.
    After sending in proof of purchase (already had plow registered while ordering mounts), they sent out the parts weeks later.

Like I said, it is the right sized tool for the right sized job, but the service department requires restructuring.

17. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

I don't want to start alotta crap but maybe they are like that cause they are from over the boder EH ?
    Seriously I encourage anyone who doesn't have enough aggravation in thier life to call thier customer service, it will make you want to call the phone company or any call center in bombay or whatever they call it now. Picking up the Fischer nxt week.

18. skidoo

skidoo Member

Over the border eh?????..... That's an awful arrogant statement. Let me tell you I've had my fair share of trouble with customer service from companies south of here. Trust me.

19. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

I know I know living in VT we get our share of Quebec and Ontario visitors who are arrogant. Working out west I knew many great Canadians and the the people of NS and PI are super too. And your right customer service is a dying art every where. But snowbear they are the apitimy of arrogant. Knew this would start something EH

20. acornish

acornish Senior Member

well as it seems all they care about is money, back when the first came out they were great--- guess it just goes to show ya quality and support are bolth down