1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear/CJ7 Plow mount help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Thor77, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Thor77

Thor77 Junior Member

Hi there!
    I recently picked up a cute little Snowbear plow for a heck of a deal, to put on my 79 CJ7 just for the fun of it. I need to build a custom mount for it being my Jeep is lifted and such, just wondering if anyone out there has a snowbear or similar plow mounted on a CJ that could post some pics of their mounts to give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Many newer Snowbears just attach to a regular 2" receiver. Is that what yours uses, or is it a special Snowbear mount?

3. Thor77

Thor77 Junior Member

No, it's an older Snowbear with the 2 point mount. I know they make an adpter to go from the 2 point mount to a 2" receiver, but that seems like a lot of stress on one point, and with the my jeep being as tall as it is, I'd have to drop the receiver way down in order to keep the A frame level. Don't get me wrong, I understand this is a cute little plow and nothing like my old Meyers, so it isn't going to move mountains or clear the Wal-Mart parking lot, but I still want it to be stout, not trash the frame on my Jeep, and be somewhat simple to remove in the off season for off roading.

4. Thor77

Thor77 Junior Member

I've searched the forum for pics, but haven't found any of the truck side mounts to get ideas from.

5. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

I'm afraid I can't be much help with the mounts; I have the receiver. I will say that mine looks delicate, but it has held up really well and I've probably pushed it harder than I should. The receiver mount is really easy and fast to set up/take down. I have it on a Liberty, and just leave the hitch on all year - it's useful in the summer for moving a trailer around, or for winching.

6. Thor77

Thor77 Junior Member

That is a good point. It would be nice to have a receiver up front. I have a winch mounted on the front of the Jeep, but would be handy if I have to jockey my boat around or something. The issue I think I would have is the receiver would be up to high, so I'd have to build a drop for it, plus the adapter, so the plow would be sticking WAY out in front. [​IMG] Thank you for the reply though!

7. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

The trend on these plows is that they do stick out the front more than they used to.

A buddy of mine has a 72 CJ5 with a lift, and 36" tires, with a MEYERS plow. He started with the regular push frame for the plow, and just had it extended so that it would sit lower to the ground to keep the plow frame more level. If you don't weld, find a local welding shop and talk to them, they can most likely fabricate exactly what you need.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

He has two plows?

9. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

No ? Where do you see 2 plows?

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Meyer(S) u said.

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Yur getten to technical there OldDog. I would not want to go from a Meyer to a Snow Bear. That's like going from power steering back to manuel.