1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbear blade rocks back and fourth

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by diz, Dec 23, 2008.

1. diz

diz Junior Member
    from canada

Has anybody with a snowbear fixed the blade so that it does't rock ,it makes it hard to lift the blade up even and not cut into the grass.
  2. J-Quad

J-Quad Member

I know the 'rocking' your talking about.
    You may want to inspect the bolt and attaching holes which secure the upper A-frame into the curved lower A-frame. In time, the holes in the A-frames WILL become wobbled out larger and the bolt WILL become worn to a smaller diameter - which will cause it to be more loose and tip more than it would normally.
    I discovered that my old & tired SnowBear SB75 A-frame turn holes were becoming wobbled out so I installed a larger diameter bolt (3/4", hardened grade 8, from Tractor Supply Co.) with flat washers and a lock washer. Now it doesn't 'wobble' as much.......

Good Luck!
    J-Quad :drinkup:
  3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

You could do what he said, or if the holes have become wider or ovaled, weld them closed and redrill them.
  4. J-Quad

J-Quad Member

By the way, if you go to: http://www.snowbear.com/siteassets/Link/manuals/2008-Plow-Eng.pdf

Then scroll down to page 14, you'll see what they say about the, "Plow tipping from side to side" in their TROUBLESHOOTING section......

(if you don't have one, you might want to just print off the entire Owner's Manual from there... )

J-Quad :drinkup: