1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway's Noway Warranty

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SnowmanVT, Nov 20, 2008.

1. SnowmanVT

SnowmanVT Junior Member
    from Vermont

I just got my invoice from my Snoway dealer for the repairs.$1500.00
    He had to weld the A-frame he put on in January 08, Install a new swing frame, replace solenoid switch, pressure switch, and the 3 coils.
    Put on another bell crank, (Ibeleave #3), new bushings throughout (#2), replace the up/down hoses(#5 or 6), Along with re-weld and reinforce the plow where the springs bolt on to.
    This one of the 7 or so plows up in in VT with all the same warranty problems that Snoway will not step up to the plate with.
    Is this why the new plows only have a 2 year warranty? Which must mean what?
    6-months in real time???
    Snoway claims it is stronger and can be used for commercial plowing!!!!!!!
    I am seriuosly haveing my doubts!!!!!!!!
    What is Snoway planning to do about this???:yow!:
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

First off, no reason to flame me as I do not handle warranty nor do I have any input as to what is covered through warranty. I am here on site to support Sno-Way owners in anyway that I can. If this was another brand plow you would in most cases be waiting a year to receive a factory direct response so quickly so please keep that in mind.

Second, the structural warranty covers material and manufacturing defects for the 5 year period. Torn and or cracked metal from abuse does not fall under either of these categories. The failures of the a-frame and swing frame that you describe do not happen under what are considered normal plowing conditions. If this were the case we would be seeing it throughout every area that we sell snowplows and I can with absolute confidence tell you that this is not the case. If it were I sure as hell wouldn't be here any longer nor would the company still exist as who would buy our product if all it did was fail.

Third, hydraulic and electrical components are covered for a 2 year period.

Fourth, components such as bushings, solenoids, shoes, edges etc.... are considered wear items and are not covered through any warranty. If you had a bushing failure in the lift linkage and did not address this which in turn caused a failure of the bell crank that is a lack of proper maintenance issue.

Fifth, if your retailer sold you the plow with the idea that the plow had a 5 year warranty period, you were mislead by them not Sno-Way. He as well as yourself is supplied with a copy of the warranty with every plow that we sell. Did you ever take the time to read it or were you just taking the dealer at his word that whatever happens over that five year period would be covered and are now here to bash the product?

Sixth, the new MegaBlade series of plows has a 2 year warranty. This was changed as this is the industry standard for compareable equipment.

I have tried my best to answer your questions here which I am sure won't be to your satisfaction, but are indeed the facts. I am sorry to hear of your experience but other than the answers I have provided there is nothing more that I can do.
  3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

damn Tom easy buddy I understand where you are coming from tho. How did all these things go bad? What was he plowing with it?
    To ease you a little Tom I know a guy in my area that took a Fisher extremeV back 4 moonths old and the center pin was broken and the right half of the plow was in the back of the truck, the dealer asked him wtf was he a plowing a logging trail. The guy said yes and I mean cmon don't bash the bash the product if you are trying to use it as something else it was not intended for. The fisher dealer told he will fix it but it might be worth it to buy a new plow after the parts and labor, that guy flew thru the roof and said the warranty will cover it and dealer told him to pack it. And on the way out the door dealer told him to try a different color if he thinks they are different on this issue go ahead andf try.
    So yeah Tom common sense is the best thing here, by the way that poor truck!!
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it dosnt sound like a warranty issue for snoway being that there are cracks in the a frame and a broken bell crank.. and what tom said the solenoids are a wear part... cracks dont occure because of manufacture defect unless the crack were due to cold welds. i know alot of people buy certin things for their "warranty" not knowing warranty is always due to a defected part.. JMO dont buy a plow for the warranty because plows take a beating no matter what and with all the blizzards i have seen snoways has held up the best compared to the compititon...
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check this guys post history, he starts a new thread about this every couple months.
    Never posts good pics of the damage, I think we need to call the Troll Patrol!!!!!!!!
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

figures i kinda thouth that whil i was scanning through this post
  7. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Some people are real rough with their equipment and others are not. Some abuse their equipment. Last summer, I watched a landscaping company install a gravel parking lot for a small business. Instead of using a Bobcat, they used their F250 w/Fisher snowplow to spread all the gravel, stone, etc.
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i've done that!!!!!:
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

just a thought but maybe the dealer is doing something wrong on the install if hes having soo many problems......its easy to blame it on the plow
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So what were you looking to gain from this rather unprofessional and unorthodox public display geared specifically at Tom and Snoway? A little revenge against Snoway, or some means to discredit them perhaps? I would have to assume that is in fact the case here as that would be the only reason to do it in a public display such as this...but the only thing it really shows is your own professionalism.

When did Tom become the sole proprietor of Snoway with the authority to override any decisions at the warranty level? Never that I'm aware of... But I'm sure Tom would have been more than happy to have provided you with at least a little help or direction to help you in your "matter" as thats the type of person he is in general, and especially so when it comes to making a Snoway customer happy. But your rather inappropriate means of communication blew that right out the window.

If you were looking for help...you lost that after the first sentence, if you were looking to discredit Tom peronally...you lost that in the first sentence as well. :salute:
  11. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Have you contacted anyone from Snoway or just going on a rampage hoping for the best outcome? Maybe they will send you a new plow from throwing up this thread? I just became a Snoway member and I can't vouch for performance yet, but from the way it is constructed I feel that it will be just fine. Most of that blade is out of 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2" steel, do you realize the amount of force it would take to rip that type of construction apart? But hey, what do I know about heavy equipment and quality? I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite though. Maybe you think I'm an A**, but looking at the source, I'm ok with that. The internet is a great place, but I would guess that a e-mail or PM would get you a lot farther than this.

You would:D
  12. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I have also had problems with the Sno-way warranty machine...from the bottom all the way to the top. from my experience I am gonna guess that this guy has had many contacts with snoway and has been continually bounced back & forth between his dealer who who could care less and Snoway who's response is "Well, what does your dealer say?".
    I understand why Tom took the tone he did in his initial response...in his position I would also. but post history or no post history, this guy has as much right to dislike snoway as we all have to like them. and as much right to post in a public forum as we do. I may not agree with his tactics or his dialog, but then again, I don't have to.

I love my Snoway 28-V....but there are things that I HATE about it. but thats a dead horse that needs to be beaten no more. I have come to realize that an advertised warranty is nothing more than advertisement....(Not just for snoway, but for anybody) and I have also come to realize that once I have given my money to someone else and received their product in return, the deal is done and they have no further interest in my future business. Thats just the way it is. right or wrong, thats just the way it is.

There are of course exceptions, I feel that Basher is one of them. i honestly believe that if I was close enough to have had him as a dealer, I would feel completely different because my concerns would have been addressed differently.

I am not trying to defend this guy, or antagonize the rest of you, but at least entertain the idea that this guy might have a legitimate reason to feel the way he does.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  13. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I am not impressed by a door slamming loud mouth.........It just doesn't work for me, or Tom apparently.

It seems like his plowing temperment resembles his communication temperment............1. It's clearly not his fault and 2. Full blast is the only way to travel..........

Some guys think this running hard, talking tuff will get you someplace.........I just don't. There is a time to defend what you believe in and are invested in............Tom did that, no big deal.

My guess is this guy was an axx at the dealers counter before he came here, and at the truck dealer and the TV store and with his girl...........it's just how that type roll's.

NO BIG DEAL, who's next.
  14. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

ya you came off on the wrong foot here . LOOK you have a dealer yell at them first . I dont own a snow-away but Tom is always helping some one here so maybe if you change your out look tell he your sorry he would help you . I've owned at leased 50-100 warrantied pieces of equipment . I 'm always nice . once I had a bad dealer so I called Ex mark they found me a new dealer & i still buy from him . My point your barking up the wrong tree .
    I hope you have vented good luck
  15. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks to those that have jumped in to have my back so to speak, but irregardless what the OP has posted are not warranty issues. Abuse nor lack of proper maintenance fit that category.

He could have started his post with "Tom I think your great and so are Sno-Way plows" and it would not make any difference in this case. I have no say in warranty coverage period.

And to Ugly Truck, contrary to your belief, we do care about our customers after the sale. When you had issues with your plow, I immediately directed your information to the proper rep at Sno-Way and as I recall the dealer involved even delivered the parts you needed directly to you. If I am not recalling correctly how things went down please correct me as I have no problem admitting if I am wrong.
  16. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

You Go girlfriend!!! lmao

I think its all in how your appraoch is and that goes for any warranty service and how the dealer wants to handle it, lets face it on our cars and trucks there has been things warrantied that should not have but the dealer wants you to be happy so they somehow get it done if you are being fair about the info provided. Be a dick to the dealer and most of the time you're gonna get dicked back. JMO