1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by kramer56, Oct 28, 2008.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

OK so today we get or are still getting 5" of snow and falling and yet I have no Snoway on my truck yet. It just arrived yesterday at the dealer and my appt. is Friday. how cool is that. So today I lose out on 300-400 bucks for my customers and probably some trust as well. There was no reason that they had to wait to ship these and now we lose cash, in which we need to purchase these things. I am not too happy about this and the new plow i hope will not give me any delays throughout the winter.
    Sorry had to vent and Tom I am sorry but money is why we do this and today and tomorrow I make NONE.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you have no other plows but have contracts already?

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

hmmm.
    if they told you it would be in and it isnt.
    and.
    you havent paid for it yet.

then.

i would ask them to take four hundred off the price tag for their mess up.
    Business is business. if they cost you money and you honeslty feel misled or that they misrepresented the situation ask for the money off the plow.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Kramer

All MegaBlade products are in high demand right now and orders are being shipped from the factory to distributors and retailers on a first in first out basis. I know that the distributors are also shipping out to their retailers as quickly as possible. If your retailer was one of the last to order through the distributor they would most likely be one of the last shipped to also. Sno-Way nor I have any control over the weather.

Just a suggestion but a PM may have been a better route to go instead of the thread. I usually can be very helpful when possible, even more so when I don't feel like I have been attacked.

5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

then there is no sno deflector according to my dealer like we were told that it would from the guy that showed it to us, it isn't my dealer fault so i can't ask him to take the dive on cash but snoway could have helped us out better with the ship dates thats all. i am just upset i guess now i have to rent a truck and no sno deflector and losing money. but my dealer is telling me its a beast so we will see.
    sorry again Tom

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Again Tom you or anyone else was not being attacked honestly. I honestly was venting. there is no harm here.
    Sorry

7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

were all good now my dealer is letting me use his truck with 8' trip edge. maybe thats the snoway way having the dealer stepping up
    i feel a little better now

8. bribrius

nice tom.
    good call and way to take care of your customers.

is the plow on the dealers truck something other than a snoway>>???????

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you had of ordered it in Aug, you would of had it by now. When you only have one truck you have to think ahead.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Probably a 29T, Snoways improved trip edge.

11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Not hardly. 8' ss 29T model with wireless

12. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

My dealers ship dates kept getting pushed back thats why it was late.
    But we are good now with the exception of losing money and rental truck lol. My dealer assured when I see this thing I will forget about this storm, lol

Again Tom I didn't intend to attack you, nor anyone else. I will recover i am sure.

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

OK so the new MBV is on my truck. I used it last night and I have to say I do like it. There are some things I think that need attention tho. My first plowing I went to my driveway to pick up my daughter and 2 passes and the damn Snoway sticker came right off, so now how do I advertise without decals. But the mechanical end I need to find some things out. Now when you go to straight mode why does the right side float into Scoop mode a little is ther adjustment to lock it into straight like the DD products have. The blade will not go to a 100% straight either so what can i do to get these issues fixed or is that how snoway plows are. i thought it was supposed to lock the blades so they move together without the float ahead or back like the older V plows did.

14. TheSnowBlaster

TheSnowBlaster Junior Member

Give me a break!! That sticker really affects your efficiency, I am sure. Some people are just really hard to please, I guess.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't realize it had a straight mode, or are you just using one of the macro's?

16. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Thanks for the input on the decal, I will report this back to our engineering department.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I tell customers all the time that their plow won't work as well if they remove my sticker.:D

18. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I really do not know yet about the macros but my local rep did call me today and he said to try using the macros to keep the both side working together. I will have to work on that this weeekend with some playing around. But all in all its a very nice setup so far.

19. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Well apparently you don't care about looks and advertising your product, see i take pride in owning something good. I want people to know that I didn't jump on the Fisher/Western bandwagon and went with something that so far I tyhink is superior once i get used to it.
    Now yeah decals make no difference in the functions of that plow but if you buy a truck and the bowtie or blue oval falls off on thw way home are you comment on the that to the dealer or you going to drive around without it and not worry about it.
    I was only making a comment on really not beleiving it came off so soon I didn't say that it work work without the decal because it for about 3 hours after.
    Maybe the Snoway will look into this and come up with a better solution to have their name on the front side of these blades so people that do not what these blades are will know where to look if they want to purchase a product 1 with pride and 2 with customer service that works and takes care issues.

20. bribrius

he is being nicer than i would about it.
    Yeah, its just a sticker but when you pay good money for something you expect a certain level of quality and the manufacturer paying attention to the details. Just a sticker, but if it happened to me the first day i owned a plow the dealer would be getting a earful because now i would be questioning the quality of the rest of the plow. It might even end up back on there lot if the dealer wound me up enough. Just over a sticker. :D
    Imagine what i would be like if i bought a new plow and a bolt fell out :dizzy: