1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kramer56, Jan 9, 2011.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Hey guys I have my megaV and actually kinda like it lol. This season I have been having the plow drift down while driving, why? Now I have spoken to Kevin from SW and he told to switch out some valves so i did. Now it did slow down the drift as it was about 2" in less than a mile but now its about 1/2"/mile. Now I plowed a light 3" snow and once the fluid got warm it didnt drift down at all. So its telling me there is ice in the valve right? Now here the kicker, Since september i have changed and flushed the fluid twice. flushing=3 quarts of fluid pushed thru everything then completely drained everything and refilled, yeah its been 13quarts so far, not cheap. there are no visible leaks anywhere. everyone telling me to get rid of this thing and get a western but I like it and Im sure there problems with all them out there. any advice?

Also has anyone used the wings on these or are they not worth it? where do I get them and how much are they?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I bought a new Boss and will never look back to Sno-Way (new ones)
  3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

My buddy bought a barely used Boss V w spring return wings. Its nice, I use western at work and I gotta say its pretty impressive and very fast. I will stick with what I have for now cuz its working but a guy has offered to buy it in the spring since he knows I buy new every 3 years and this has new wings and still looks in excellent shape. So I need to start thinking what plow I want next time lol. I may keep this one tho.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What fluid are you using?
  5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Fisher/western, the new stuff. Why do you ask? I used it all last winter with no problem. Just ordered a new cap and is in.

Not really a big deal its just annoying to keep raising it while driving to next account thats all.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Mine has done that sense it was new, with all the other issues i didn't even think to bring that one up.
  7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Is there a additive for hydro oil to get eris of water?