1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay wireless remote ?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Kent Digby, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Kent Digby

Kent Digby Junior Member
    from 54738

How do the wireless remotes work in the field ? I would like some pro and con information from the people who use them every day before I make a decision.

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

In A Word...

Fantastic...it's one of the things I was "worried" about before I bought mine...I have to say using it is a pleasure...no problems...no issues...batteries are going strong after 4 storms worth of plowing (have plowed 100 + driveways) No worries anymore...I keep plenty of spare AA's in the truck anyway but so far I'm impressed. Mind you, I'm doing only residentials...no commercials. I have heard of an instance where some business' WI FI network caused interference with one...but like I said I have complete confidence mine will work anywhere I plow.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  3. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

if your interested, i have mine for sale. i bought a joystick to mount on my shifter. Brain box and controller...$150

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I sell wireless both keypad and joystick easy 3 to 1 vs. wired.

I have commercial customers running fleets of 6 and 8 wireless units with-out issue.

I had a customer bring me one (Wireless) that took a dip in a cup of coffee:eek: took it apart washed it with water from the cooler, dried it with the heat gun, installed a new set of batteries and it worked.

Piercelawn in Rochester NY had a unit being jammed by a WI-FI unit. A different unit on another freg. might have solved it, but he chose a wired joystick instead.

I understand they are releasing a wireless V control next year and I can not wait. I've been trapped to that wire for years while the straight edge guys got the cool toys.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Dont do a hells angels club house, they dont work lol

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Lol

Why is that I wonder...???

7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Loved mine!! Had a bit of an unusual situation as Basher said with a wi fi network causing interference but It worked very well for me on all of the other props I had. Have the stick working good and in a good spot but hate the wire and drilling the truck.

I highly recommend the wireless!!

8. Lynden-Jeff

Radio jammers. A guy at my dealer had a wireless and everytime he entered the parking lot, dead, no controller.

9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

The new remotes have backlit touch pads, they look cool glowing at night. One word of advise to new wireless owners. Velcro! I keep a spare remote in the glove box for insurence!

10. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Damn...they have a NERVE jamming our plow controllers...!!!

11. Lynden-Jeff

Yep, the guy should go in there and lay down the law lol.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's those dern tearists, call swamp land security

13. daaboss

daaboss Junior Member

LED signs and wireless remote !

Argh!!! I was plowing my sidewalk at the store and as I approached a grass island area out by the street corner.... I went to lift the plow ever so slightly so I would not plow the sod. Well... to my dismay the plow did not lift and yes.... I unwantedly started a sod farm. I sat there a minute and could not get my plow to work. So I backed up ten feet and ......the plow worked again! I drove up to the grass island area again .... and the plow did not work. Well in the middle of the grass island is a new LED message display sign! That sign interferes with the Snoway wireless remote control. So I have to stay at least 10 feet away in order for the remote control to work! No bid deal once I knew. But come next spring I'll be looking for some grass seed! LOL

14. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

There good..and bad.....i love it for the ease of now wires...and the ease of hooking the plow up. However, keep battiers with you at all times, and a philips head screw drive..small one to unscrew the rear cover. I mentioned b4 if you get a good set of 2500mH batts that are rechargable every 2 days you can replace them and know u started off with a fresh set and not with dead batts or batts going dead..u'll find yourself pointing at the plow like a TV with a remote thats gone wrong. Alsow velcor..shut it off when driving, and the little black botton on the bottom all the way to the left does nothing. On cold nights, if ur trucks not in a warm place, bring the remote in so that batts dont chill down and become usless in the morning....just leave the remote by ur keys so you dont forget, or drop the plow down at night so you know when you u get into your truck you can't move w/o raising the plow, and you'll need your remote to do that. IF all eles fails when your out plowing...ratchet starp....

15. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

i have 4 of them, the batt's could last longer but other than that only 1 interference problem in 2 years.

one benefit is my truck didn't get stolen on 2 diff occasions because the thief couldn't get the plow off the ground , my guy's take them in their house with them. The idiot got in the truck,got the truck started by drilling into the column but couldn't figure out the plow,but he was nice enough to leave the truck running for the night

16. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Nice and warm in the morning....hopefully he left the deforst on....i never thought of it as a "safty" feature...i bet even if you left the remote in the truck..the'd look at it and not realize that you have to hold down 2 buttons to turn it on....hahawesport

17. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Technology is always going to have a few bumps in the road, radio jammers etc. Myself, i would never go back to a dash mounted control.