1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway wireless remote button????

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Farmer_01, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a new Snoway 29 plow owner.
    When I got my truck from the installer, the salesman showed me all the controls and how to hook-up and unhook the plow. He answered all of my questions except one. I asked him what the little black button on the lower row of the remote control was for. He said "I have absolutely no idea, if you ever find out let me know." I was in a rush to go somewhere and didn't ask to talk to the installer. Does anybody know what it is for?:confused:

2. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

Somewhere DEEP within the manual, it will tell you that it does nothing! It is "for a future use", I don't know what this is going to be, lets hope it's going to be for a button controlled kick-stand. or maybe for Bond type weapons to use on drivers that bother you on the road.

3. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

remote

If you point the remote at a client thats complaining and push the black button, the client will say you are doing a great job & raise your rate!:drinkup:

4. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Ummmm, yeah, that's it!
    Put down the crack pipe. :)

5. The Installer of my 29 Series said it was a option for the V.Blade application. I have a 8ft straight blade, so I have no idea. Just passing on what I heard.

6. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I was told the same as Scrambler.

7. bwilder10h

bwilder10h Junior Member

Funny, that's exactly what my sales guy said too... :rolleyes:

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

SnoWay felt it would be cheaper to design a extra function from the get go then try to add one later. I wish the spreader people did it (a extra control switch) it would be a lot easier to add a vibrator. With Snoways innovations I hope they come up with something good. A proton laser for as@#$#e in All-wheel drive autos would be a good start.

9. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I would like to see Sno-way use it as a "Transport" button. That way, you would push the black botton and your plow would raise and angle to where you want it (every time) when driving down the road. Nice for when you go job to job etc.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I would like to see something similar to the Autopilot that was out for awhile. It kind of disappeared then Meyer started offering it on the E-88. it automatically lifts the blade when you go into reverse.

11. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

can anyone with a V-blade plow confirm or deny this???:confused:

sorry I been a bit busy to check on the members response's.payup

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It is not a V blade function. The factory says "Future Use"

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Little black button

Basher is absolutely correct. The "extra" black button currently has no function. It was put in with the future in mind and made sense to have it in the current design. After reading this entire thread I will be sure to pass on to Sno-Way management all your thoughts as to what we could possibly use it for.

My best wishes to all for a safe, healthy, and prosperous New Year!!

Tom O'Brien
    Western District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.

14. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

That is a nice idea, but it would be too expensive to implement. You would need some way of "reading" where the plow was in all four directions and it would have to be something robust enough to sit out there in the weather and handle the shocks of travel and plowing. If it was something that you set manually it might not be too bad, but if you wanted it to be something that you could set from inside the truck it would be much more complicated.

15. addicted

addicted Senior Member

What i want to know is why the remote is so damn big! The remote for my sony head unit is the size of a credit card, maybe 3/16 thick, and has about 20 more buttons. Fits perfectly in the hand and makes shifting and changing stations at the same time very easy. Check it out.

Also, having the magic mystery button programmable for a few different thing would be great! Maybe have it raise the blade max up with a single touch? Or energize both angle cylinders to center the blade?

DSCN1723.JPG

16. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

I agree, I had some probs. with the plow remote and took it back to the installer to look at. He took it apart and the thing had so much wasted space inside. Maybe so it's easier to find if you drop it inside the truck:rolleyes: :D

Thanks Tom.:waving:

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Big enough to handle with gloves on?

18. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

They could build 2 different remotes, a small one and the normal one and let the owner pick the one he likes the best.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They do make two different remotes. The hand held push button, and the wireless joystick. Has far as size, I have to look at the little buttons on the TV remote or I end up watching 'Nanny 911" instead of Speed channel. I don't want to look down when I'm plowing.

20. addicted

addicted Senior Member

Well, with the potential of putting my new plow to work tomorrow, and a few months of thinking, i came up with this. 1 rubber band around the steering wheel spoke. Easy to reach with my thumb and steer at the same time.payup

Yeah, I know about the airbg, but if it goes off i have bigger things to worry about.

DSCN1753s.jpg

DSCN1754.jpg