1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway Wings Group Buy

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Jan 12, 2009.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Many of you have seen my thread on the wings for my 26 Series. I have gotten a lot of interest in a group buy on these. I have spoken to the shop that I worked with on these and come up with a slightly revised design for ease of production and weight savings.

Details:
    -Fit the 26 series plow
    - 10" wide
    - 25 degree angle
    - Full Height
    - CNC Cut 1/4" steel end plates
    - 1 piece 16 gage sheet metal moldboard
    - 2 cutting edge mounting holes to adjust for wear of existing plow cutting edge
    - Clamping plate over the rubber cutting edge (no fender washers)
    - You will need to weld the receiving tube onto your plow!
    - Painted black wrinkle paint

Cost $600 plus shipping. Minumum of 5 orders.

My set cost me 800 and I believe it was money well spent in the time it has saved me.

Here is a drawing of the newly revised setup

Pictures of the protoype can be found in this thread which were made of slightly heavier steel and incorporated a bent tube design which has also been modified as well as the rubber cutting edge mount.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=68140

Newrendering1.jpg

Newrendering2.jpg

Newrendering3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Proto-type pictures in action

Been so busy I have not had a chance to get these posted. This was a vacant lot near me that had a layer of ice under it an inch thick unfortunately but you can get an idea of how well these scrape to the ground and roll the snow forward. The prototypes are on a 20degree angle. The new version will be on a 25 degree angle for more containment.

IMG00002-20090112-1319 copy.jpg

IMG00003-20090112-1319 copy.jpg

IMG00004-20090112-1319 copy.jpg