1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway V plow help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kandklandscape0, Nov 27, 2010.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

I need help with a snoway v plow.

The solonoid keeps clicking, even after replacing it. Would the motor be bad?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you getting 12 volts to the solenoid? are you getting 12 volts at the plow? do you have GOOD grounds preferably the battery?

Double check and clean all the connections. Power and ground should be at the battery.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

bad ground or a bad "new solenoid"
    when you clean your connections a little dielectri grease on them is a good idea

4. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

Yes I am getting 12 volts to solonoid. Used di eletric grease on all connections to.

Now, heres something else I did. I ran a jump pack to just the plow side to he solonoid, hooked the remote up. The plow works fine. When I hook the plow up to the truck side without the jump pack to the truck side, it will not work, the solnoid starts to click again.....

Is there just a bad ground on the truck???

I do not see a ground though running from the plow control harness threw the grill, firewall to inside the cab?

Only ground I see is the one going from the solonoid to the battery, is this the one that maybe causing the problems????

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

there should be a heavy black wire going to the battery. What model Snoway Vee do you have? does it have a plastic control plug or a metal one?