1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway spreader using pretreated bulk

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by frue, Dec 18, 2013.

1. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

Hello fellow members, I am looking for first hand peoples opinions on the 9cu snoway salt spreader. Here is what I need it to do. I run pretreated bulk salt, i currently run a snowex 575 with no issues. it has a vib on it and I never have any issues. I am looking for a little bit bigger of a spreader but I do not want a vbox.

question can it run pretreated bulk with a vib on it? Is it reliable? I would go with a snowex 1075 but they are a bit much a no dealer support?

Thanks
    John

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You should be fine. Just wait to fill it until you get to the property, driving with treated it tends to settle more.

3. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

I want to load at home? I do that now and it works fine through the 575. Thats good info. so my undrstanding is its not caple of spreading settles material?

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

We have had trouble with bagged dry salt settling and jaming the spreaders if we drove to far. We always loaded at the job but would go to the next with the left over in it. This was with a western 1000 and our snowex 1075. I wouldn't even want to try it with bulk. We just switched to bulk and went with a salt dogg tgs07. It works great and has an auger in the bottom and a 200 lb vibrator so dollar for dollar you can't beat it to spread bulk. There are quite a few tailgate spreaders available now that are made for bulk products why not just get one that you know will work for sure ? Having to dig the salt out of a full spreader isn't fun so why chance it !

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Where are you in PA? I have one for sale with vibrator and light kit.

6. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

New castle. Does it work

7. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

I am interested if it works for what I need

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Especially with treated bulk.

9. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

I use a snow ex load it to the top with treated salt and drive no issues. I do have a vibe for it. Just wanted to know if snoway spreader can spread it with a vibe.

10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Sent a PM to ya frue.

11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I think that with the small amount your spreader holds you have been ok. We have had trouble with bagged salt in our bigger snowex. Just remember that the more material you have the more likely that you'll have an issue. It might work just fine but since snoway says it's made for bagged salt, calcium flake, or ice melt I would hate to invest in one to be let down. Like I said you can get several brands of tail gate spreaders made for bulk. Why not get the correct tool for the job and not even have to ask if it would work ?

12. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

I need a hitched spreader but need more capacity and I already own snoway plow. I load up my spreader before I go then toss twenty buckets in the truck. I have shovels and blowers back there two. I usually run myself in the winter.

13. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

The western proflo and the salt dogg tgo7 are two big to get the blowers up above them