1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway snowplow, Ford mount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by theguynextdoor, Nov 7, 2009.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I am selling a snoway plow with an F250 mount that fits the late 90's/early 2000's mount. I just had it on the truck today to move it and it works as it should. Last year I replaced some electrical parts, all hoses, side marker sticks, and the up/down/down pressure cylinder. I also have the controller, but the plow does not have lights or the wiring for lights. It was this way when it came on the truck last year, I have no idea why. It is a little rusty, but is structurally sound and working properly. I believe it is a 26 series model.

Asking $1000.00

There is a picture of the plow in this thread. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=80359

2. firehall1

firehall1 Junior Member

man this is what i am looking for.. but why do you have to live in new york!!! how low would you go on the plow?

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How long is the blade? When was the last time you plowed with it? And it has down pressure?

Can you post a pic of the controller?

How far are you willing to travel to meet someone?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. theguynextdoor

The blade is 7.5 ft. I hooked it up yesterday to move it. I plowed the bare pavement a little bit just to make sure everything was good. I last plowed with it in April of 2009. It comes with wired controller with down pressure. Here is a pic of the controller.

DSCN0225.jpg

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The plow is definately not a 26 series. Possibly an MT or HT series though. Unless it's gone there should be a serial # tag on the A-frame.

6. theguynextdoor

I'll take a look. I don't know much about snow way plows and the models they offer. I have a couple Westerns.

7. theguynextdoor

Still for sale....

8. theguynextdoor

I still have this plow. All of the mounts and wiring are off of the truck. It worked well when I used it a few weeks ago. Let me know asap if interested.

9. theguynextdoor

I still have this plow and am open to offers. Let me know if interested. I have an engine hoist to lift it onto a truck or trailer.

10. theguynextdoor

Bump........

11. brymitch56

brymitch56 Junior Member

Did you ever figure out exactly what model this plow is? I'm guessing it's still available.

12. theguynextdoor

It's either a 26 or 29 series. I'll try to find out tomorrow and get some more pictures.

13. brymitch56

brymitch56 Junior Member

Measure the blade hight. That will help determine it. 26 series is 26" (it's also around 150lbs lighter). 29 series is 29". Neat how that works :p

14. theguynextdoor

That's what I found out on the Snoway website. I am heading to the garage now to measure.

15. brymitch56

brymitch56 Junior Member

I finally found some info on the MT series plows. The height should be 24" if it's an MT. By the looks of the one picture, the mount pins look like the MT series, not the 26 or 29. Also, the 26 series has 2 diagonal ribs, the MT has none. Both have 5 vertical ribs.

16. theguynextdoor

The plow is a 26 series (26 inches tall).

17. brymitch56

brymitch56 Junior Member

Can you post some better pictures of it? It really doesn't look like a 26 from the picture you have in the thread for the Ford. Did include the cutting edge in your measurement? I don't think it is part of the base measurement they get the 26 from. Thanks

18. theguynextdoor

The blade height without the cutting edge is 24 inches which would make it the MT series I guess. Sorry for the confusion. Here are some more pictures of the plow, mount (blurry picture) and wiring.

Make an offer if interested.

DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1239.jpg

19. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

any interest in shipping this bad boy?

20. theguynextdoor

I could. How would I go about shipping this thing?