1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway skid blades.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by lawn king, Oct 16, 2009.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Looking for reviews on these blades, im thinking about setting up my kubota with one. Thanks. Scott.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

they cant hold up to a pick-up truck.... you really think there gonna hold up to a tractor???

The only reason why someone would buy snoway is for the downpressure, if you got a tractor you got that already.... Run away from snoway as fast as you can

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I'm pretty sure he's a snow way guy anyhow, so that will not help him to much.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't condem an entire line because of one model, If you did that there would not be a manufacturer in the world that would meet your approval.

I give you,
    Ford Pinto,
    the first year DD poly boxes,
    Fisher XV hinge,
    Meyers crossover relief,
    Chevy Vega,
    toaster pizzia,
    V-6 cherrokes,
    western's first genteration "flowstat" pumps (remember they mounted to the lift ram),
    All the things on Blizzards Jerre makes a living fixing.

5. lawn king

I can always count on basher to be the voice of reason! You forgot fat free cheese!

6. Triple L

from Canada

And just so you know... I dont own a single item from any of those manufactures.... Except for chevy.....

When a manufacturer screws you over big time and you try everything in your power to get them to make it right, and they ABSOLUTLY NOTHING FOR YOU.... then I dont care what else they make, im gonna try and make it known to everyone what a POS company they are and make them loose as many sales as i can.... Sorry but thats my feeling on Noway... Noway will they do anything to help you out....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  7. lawn king

Im sorry that you have been in a bad place with snoway but this thread was not about YOU.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Who have had transfer case or front frame issues with the model truck you own that they are not fixing. With the weight you're carrying I hope you added the gussets (http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=48956,) along with all the other work you had to do to achieve the performance you are looking for.

I am sympathetic to your problems with Snoway, but you make my point, one model's failure do not implicate the entire line. Despite the Cavalier, Vega, broken frames, poorly designed transfer cases, etc. you still bought a Chevy. So off the top of my head I listed some known "failures" and you own a product produced by one of them. I'm sure a little research would find most manufacturers have had a major fiasco at least once. Heck GM has miss managed their product lines to the point they would not exist with out our tax dollars to bail them out. I as a tax payer am pi$$ed, don't like GM to begin with and now my taxes are paying their corporate dividends. But I bet you'd buy another one.:D

9. Triple L

from Canada

Basher - I see where your coming from 100%, even tho i dont think the cavalier is that bad of a car, vega was before my time, broken frames - never had a problem with that and i push my trucks well beyond thier limits, transfer cases - All i know is the transfer cases from 04-09 HD's are sure one heck of a transfer case... Maby your talking about stuff from back in the day tho.... I get your point and understand it, but I bet chevy woulda worked with me to make it right in one way or another, unlike Noway... Heather lawn spray has a older 20? series blade from a few years ago, Sittin way out in the field at his house...why, cause it was a POS. He said dont buy one, but i didnt listen and now I've waisted more time and energy fighting with Noway im just simply ticked right off at them... I agree i was a sucker to buy something new and untested but you have to agree - this plow WAS NOT fully field tested as Noway claims...

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I agree but lets talk apples to apples. I and a lot of other people have had good experiences with Snoway Plows. We are not discussing your particular model.

11. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Way to hijack a thread "L"!! Just let the guy try to get the info he's looking for! I have had some recent issues with SW but they are entirely dealer related, and I still say that with a good dealer support network I would have replaced/upgraded everything to SW.

12. Triple L

from Canada

Hay buddy, I didnt hijack $h!t... I just made a simple comment on how a snoway cant hold up to a pick-up truck.... thats all, JMO... Everyone else hijacked this thread off of my 1 comment..............

13. lawn king

I have 2 snoway plows on trucks holding up well to commercial plowing, going back to 2003! Could you please take your anger issues elsewhere?