1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway series 25 will not go left

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by james.j.smith, Jan 22, 2013.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I have a series 25 older style snoway with a 3 point frame connection installed on my 2003 F250 powerstroke. I bought the plow used and was told that everything worked. I recently hooked the plow up and operationally tested it yesterday. When I hit up the plow goes up when I hit left the plow goes up. the right and left work at they should.

there is a orange rubber piece that goes around the pins on my plow side electrical connector but no rubber on the truck side and the center larger power pins pulls out and has to be pushed back in so that the plow and truck side connect together. I'm wondering if my problem above is attributed to my truck side connector.

can anyone provide any help on the issue above.

Also I want to replace the plow lights does anyone know what lights should be installed?

2. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

To add some clarification I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems on my plow. When I hit the up button on my controller the plow goes up when I hit the down button the plow goes down when I hit the right button the plow goes right when I hit the left button the plow goes up. I'm not sure what going on and if I should be looking at something on the plow or on the connector.

I did unconnected and reconnect the plow and truck side connector but it seems like the truck side pins could not be sitting straight in the connector I did try and fix this issue that is why I asked about the rubber piece that is around the plow side pins. There is nothing around the truck side pins. My thought is that one of the pins may be not be connecting correctly causing the plow to go up when the left direction is hit on the controller. Just a thought as I am more familiar with the Meyers plows and this is my first snoway